Atheists and Thanksgiving

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eden
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was an atheist, I did celebrate it fully. I gave thanks to my country and my history, as well as my family and the military.

Same now, except I understand and believe that God was behind it all, so I give thanks to Him as well.
 
**Oddly enough, I’ve seen Atheists call Thanksgiving this unique title…

“National Turkey Day”.

Supposedly, the first Thanksgiving, the bird of choice was either duck or chicken, not turkey. So turkey is the special bird that’s being celebrated.

Just to be a cute goonie…

Merry Gobbles!
**
 
My wife and I are both atheist and we celebrate Thanksgiving but we dont really do the thanking part. We also still celebrate Christmas and Easter mostly for the sake of tradition and because the kids enjoy it.
 
I understood that you do not live in the United States. Am I correct? If so, I would like to gently remind you that the question was specifically being asked of American atheists or those who know them.
Thanks for pointing that out. I was all set to give my own answer before I was reminded that an arbitrary line, 2 kilometres away excludes me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top