Attire for a First Mass in the Midwest in Spring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maximilian75
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maximilian75

Guest
I’m attending a now-priest friend’s first Mass this weekend. Any reccomendations for attire? This is in the Midwest, so I can’t go full Kentucky Derby haha
 
white oxford button down shirt w/ white undershirt

clean, pressed khaki pants

sensible shoes

TOUCHDOWN!
 
Yeah, that’s ol’ reliable…

I was thinking something a little less dull? I dunno haha
 
Pink shirt. I love a man in pink. 🙂

Nice conservative tie in a complimentary pattern.

Black dress slacks or, even, nicer than usual khaki dress slacks.
 
Last edited:
Totally a tux.

But seriously, I’m a sweater guy myself. At least until the 100 degree weather sets in down South.
 
Do you have a linen dress shirt that’s not white (very see through even with a tee shirt)? That would also be appropriate.

Having lived in OK and TX I know it can get brutal in the midwest this time of year.
 
Personally, I would go with a nice white shirt and a tie. Suit jacket would be optional.
 
You could even have a bit of fun with the tie. Not anything outrageous, but like spring flowers or something.

My dad loved ties and I used to get him some super fun ones.
 
Yeah! Nothing wrong with that. That’d be nice. 🙂

It would liven it up and also lighten it up a bit if you know what I mean. I can understand where a shirt and tie in June can feel as heavy as wearing a coat indoors in the winter time.
 
Last edited:
Eh… I was thinking about it- I have a few (Self tie, mind you, none of this pretied garbage) but, I’m 6-3, and the expanse from my belt buckle to neck can look kinda huge and unfilled…
 
“midwest” takes in a broad spectrum of US geography

if you care to: narrow down your position

and we’ll take a lookie-see at the projected meteorolgical conditions, shipmate

it could be snowing; it could be 100 degress F
 
Last edited:
Eh… I was thinking about it- I have a few (Self tie, mind you, none of this pretied garbage) but, I’m 6-3, and the expanse from my belt buckle to neck can look kinda huge and unfilled…
I understand that. 🙂 My best friend is 6-4. He looks…better in a tie with a tucked in dress shirt. 😆😆
 
How about a black necktie for the big occasion?

My old neighbor borrowed one of mine for a deacon installation event.
 
Some guys can pull it off haha. I have short friends who look like they got mugged by Vineyard Vines employees and look like a million bucks.

Me, OTOH, I’d look like a traffic cone who joined a frat at some southern university if I tried to dress like them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top