Audio Aids for Biblical Hebrew

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ter1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Ter1

Guest
I am beginning to study Biblical Hebrew. Can anyone recommend any resources for working on my pronounciation?
Thanks:)
 
The problem is I want Ancient/Biblical rather than modern pronounciation and all I’ve found so far is stuff for modern.
 
Hebrew4Christians has a lot of info on the basics of pronunciation
hebrew4christians.com/index.html

What I ended up doing was to just buy

The Bible (Tanach)
The Law, The Prophets, The Writings
Narrator: Shlomo Bertonov
4 cds

this is where I bought mine $69.95
(also available at other sites just google ‘shlomo bertonov’)
hebrew4christians.com/Online_Store/Audio/Bertonov/bertonov.html

or

levsoftware.com/narratedbible.html
  • "Narrated in Hebrew by Shlomo Bertonov, Israel’s best Bible reader.
  • Features his original readings that were broadcast for decades on Kol Israel, Israel’s national radio.
  • This Hebrew narration of Hebrew Scriptures was recorded with excellent intonation, diction, and accent.
  • The selections are arranged by book, chapter, and weekly portion.
  • The CDs are recorded in MP3 format. They are playable on CD players and computers with MP3 support.
  • The text is read with Sephardic (Authentic Israeli) Pronunciation."
I use it while following along the Masoretic text (Biblica Hebraic Stuttgartensia) on Windows Media Player. I can slow the player down for example when listening to more difficult Psalms or Isaiah. works good .
 
I am beginning to study Biblical Hebrew. Can anyone recommend any resources for working on my pronounciation?
Thanks:)
You can get full audio MP3s of books at pmapitkanen.com (excluding deuterocanon).

Also, go to BlueLetterBible (I think also excludes deuterocanon). There you can look up a verse and then 1) click the little square “C” by the verse; 2) click the concordance #; and 3) click the audio pronunciation bar. Below is an example for 2 Sam 6:7:



:o
 
Thanks for all the suggestions.🙂 They look very helpful. That BlueLetterBible looks really interesting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top