Author Mentioned on The Journey Home

  • Thread starter Thread starter kardon777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kardon777

Guest
Hi all. I was watching The Journey Home tonight and Marcus mentioned a Catholic author named Woodhouse?? I have searched all of Googland and Amazon and I can’t find any Catholic authors with this name. I must be spelling it wrong or something. Does anyone know who Marcus was referring to?

Thanks!
 
Hi all. I was watching The Journey Home tonight and Marcus mentioned a Catholic author named Woodhouse?? I have searched all of Googland and Amazon and I can’t find any Catholic authors with this name. I must be spelling it wrong or something. Does anyone know who Marcus was referring to?

Thanks!
Could it be Blessed Thomas Woodhouse?
 
Could it be Blessed Thomas Woodhouse?
I got the impression he wasn’t referring to him. He and his guest only referred to him as “Woodhouse” and talked about how funny his writings were. I can’t find anything out there. :confused:
 
P. G. Wodehouse–English author, Typical British Sophisticated humor of the 20s and 30s. He also wrote the story for Cole Porter’s “Anything Goes”
 
Bl. Thomas Woodhouse was a Martyr, i havent read any records of him being an author at all. He was sent to a post after having to resign from a Parish Priesti n Whales, and he became a tutor, then later got sent to Fleet Prison for celebrating a Mass. He was hung after 12 years in prison.

I cannot find anything on someone with Woodhouse in their name relating to Catholic authors…
 
P. G. Wodehouse–English author, Typical British Sophisticated humor of the 20s and 30s. He also wrote the story for Cole Porter’s “Anything Goes”
Thanks. I did run across him but the titles didn’t look spiritual at all. :confused:
 
Thanks. I did run across him but the titles didn’t look spiritual at all. :confused:
As I recall, they did not claim him to be. They were simply saying they liked him, not that he was a spiritual writer.
 
P.G. Wodehouse (pronounced Woodhouse) was a good writer who spread the gift of laughter and good writing. Besides being an extremely prolific writer of wonderful things and inventing Jeeves, Wooster, Psmith, and Blandings Castle, he also co-wrote the lyrics for fine musicals like Show Boat and Anything Goes. There was no end to his talent!

While he doesn’t seem to have wanted to talk about the faith or talk against it, he was a masterful quoter of the Bible! Thus, there is actually a Wodehouse Bible site, which everyone here is sure to enjoy.
wodehouse-bible.freeservers.com/

Btw, his name actually derives from “Woodwose” – the wild men of medieval heraldry, and the Woses in Tolkien. This amuses me greatly.
 
Forgot one thing –

His great uncle on his mother’s side was Cardinal Newman. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top