I
Isaiah_1169
Guest
Hello everyone,
I’m a new member here inquiring into the Catholic faith and have some questions regarding the proper authoritative sources according to the tradition:
What exactly is the extent of papal infallibility? Does this apply to everything he says/writes or just in specific defined moments or documents?
Do Catholics recognize the Catechism as being infallible? What about statements from the Vatican?
I know Catholics consider scripture and tradition to be necessary for understanding the word of God. Where do you read about the tradition? Are there any documents or books that I could access?
Do saints have any authority with regards to doctrine or are they simply revered as saintly?
What are the other significant sources of authority I should look into?
As you can surely tell, I have lots of questions because I just recently started my inquiry. Thank you in advance for your help!
Best,
Isaiah 1169
I’m a new member here inquiring into the Catholic faith and have some questions regarding the proper authoritative sources according to the tradition:
What exactly is the extent of papal infallibility? Does this apply to everything he says/writes or just in specific defined moments or documents?
Do Catholics recognize the Catechism as being infallible? What about statements from the Vatican?
I know Catholics consider scripture and tradition to be necessary for understanding the word of God. Where do you read about the tradition? Are there any documents or books that I could access?
Do saints have any authority with regards to doctrine or are they simply revered as saintly?
What are the other significant sources of authority I should look into?
As you can surely tell, I have lots of questions because I just recently started my inquiry. Thank you in advance for your help!
Best,
Isaiah 1169