M
Madaglan
Guest
Hello, I’ve been thinking about the possibility of trying Ayurvedic herbs. I understand that Ayurvedic herbal medicines date back 5,000+ years. Some of the guiding principles (e.g. doshas) are a bit different from contemporary Western medicine, but seem similiar to medicine that once was practiced in more Western countries (e.g. forerunner of Unani in the Byzantine Empire).
My question is, do ayurvedic herbal medicines have a spiritual component that it would be spiritually unwise, as a Christian, to take? I am not so much interested in replies about the actual efficacy of ayurvedic medicine as whether or not it is spiritually neutral.
For example, are the herbs typically prayed over with a prayer to any of the Hindu gods or goddesses?
Thanks
My question is, do ayurvedic herbal medicines have a spiritual component that it would be spiritually unwise, as a Christian, to take? I am not so much interested in replies about the actual efficacy of ayurvedic medicine as whether or not it is spiritually neutral.
For example, are the herbs typically prayed over with a prayer to any of the Hindu gods or goddesses?
Thanks