Back to the Future

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocklobster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocklobster

Guest
Fire up the Delorean! It’s time to head Back to the Future! Which one do you like best? Part 2 is my favorite, I love the dystopian version of Hill Valley with Biff in charge.
“Kid, I own the police!”
–LOVE THAT LINE!
 
Ah, the classic part one is my favorite. I love the whole idea of him going back and seeing his parents and all the 50’s dresses and cars and stuff. Really sparks the imagination of what it would be like to go back to the 60’s & 70’s and see what my parents were like :eek: 😛

I remember my brother and I watching that movie everytime it rained on a saturday afternoon. 🙂
 
Ah, the classic part one is my favorite. I love the whole idea of him going back and seeing his parents and all the 50’s dresses and cars and stuff. Really sparks the imagination of what it would be like to go back to the 60’s & 70’s and see what my parents were like :eek: 😛

I remember my brother and I watching that movie everytime it rained on a saturday afternoon. 🙂
Oh man I loved those movies!
I voted #1 just because it’s the original… but all three were really great!

I remember when I was young, my parents recorded the orginal movie from HBO (we didn’t subscribe to HBO, but it was on during one of those “free weekends”)…
So all my memories of Back to the Future have the HBO images and ads floating around before the titles… too funny what you remember!
 
I liked the first one and the third one but thought the 2nd one a muddled mess.

While the whole 50’s thing was cute, I liked the old West better. The characters were more fun, IMO, and I could relate to the loving send-up of the great Western films and TV shows. When I was a kid our heroes were Hop-along Cassidy, Roy Rogers, and Davy Crockett. Remember the coonskin caps and cowboy boots? Yee-ha!
 
The first one is my favorite. It and everytime I hear Huey Lewis on the radio, instantly reminds me of my childhood.
 
I love the first Back To The Future. My favorite line from the movie is when the Dad is writing down what to say to his future wife and he says, “you are my DENsity!”(instead of DEStiny). That cracks me up! Hubby & I always say that to each other! I also like when Biff says “make like a tree…and get outta here!”
 
After morphing a Chuck Berry guitar song into a hard rock / heavy metal mode, "“Your kids are gonna love it”.
 
I love this series, they all fit together. I saw the first one in theaters, and when my son was 2 I rented it again and he loved it, for the car racing part. It became our family favorite, he’s 12 now and can quote every stinking line, he drives me nuts, LOL!

I can’t choose between them, even the second one, as confusing as it was at first. It’s more of a bridge film, between the first and third. But I do love the part when Old Biff goes back to give Young Biff the almanac.

YB: “So make like a tree, and get outta here!”

WHAP!

OB: “It’s LEAVE, you idiot! Make like a tree, and leave. You sound like a **** fool when you say it wrong!”

😃
 
I thought part 2 was better. I never did see part 3. I just happen to watch it by mistake. It does not even excist.😃
 
Part 2 was the most enjoyable, but Part 3 is my least favourite.
 
Part 1
Part 3
then part 2.

Actually Part 2 should have been split into 2 films… The first part where he goes to the future, then the second part where he has to go back to the 1950s again…

It kind of has too much going on and should have been simplified a bit. Perhaps they went too zany with it and should have cut down the “Future” section by not having that whole sequence with Jennifer getting taken home. It’s hard to miss now, but the movie would have flowed better without that part. The guts of the picture is the final section where Marty has go back to 1950 again… I know the filmmakers probally thought that the audience might have considered it a “rehash” if they focused too much on it, but in hindsight it’s the best and funnest section of the flick.
 
Part 2, because they really took advantage of the already established in-universe rules regarding time travel and produced a more fleshed out, nuanced storyline.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top