S
Stevonsky
Guest
Hello,
I have a quick question regarding the baptism of my friends child. She wants her son baptised and I am helping to guide her in this process and in faith. However as I have been preparing her for meeting our priest for a talk I asked her a question. She is a single mother with a boyfriend, I understand that it is not unheard of a priest to ask the parent to swear celibacy (this happened to a friend of ours and I fully support it obviously). I knew the answer but asked anyway and she said shed agree to it to the priest with no intention of following it. So what am I to do? Do I pull out of the baptism all together? Do I wait to see if the priest asks the question ad THEN pull out? If he doesn’t ask do I just ignore her obvious intent to lie to the priest? Or do I rat her out?
Just curious as to wether or not I’m over reacting here but I think it’s extremely rude and ungrateful to lie to a priests face…
Thank you for any advice.
I have a quick question regarding the baptism of my friends child. She wants her son baptised and I am helping to guide her in this process and in faith. However as I have been preparing her for meeting our priest for a talk I asked her a question. She is a single mother with a boyfriend, I understand that it is not unheard of a priest to ask the parent to swear celibacy (this happened to a friend of ours and I fully support it obviously). I knew the answer but asked anyway and she said shed agree to it to the priest with no intention of following it. So what am I to do? Do I pull out of the baptism all together? Do I wait to see if the priest asks the question ad THEN pull out? If he doesn’t ask do I just ignore her obvious intent to lie to the priest? Or do I rat her out?
Just curious as to wether or not I’m over reacting here but I think it’s extremely rude and ungrateful to lie to a priests face…
Thank you for any advice.