T
TIK
Guest
Apologies for a wacky title, this thread is completely serious
Stumbled across some articles where they mentioned that Pope Benedict said he would baptize an alien.
I find this interesting… wouldn’t that open the door to baptizing dogs, cats, trees. etc?
I thought the thing that separates us from other life is that humans are made in the image of God (Jesus). Jesus became a man, not a Dog, or Alien.
“He is the image of the invisible God, firstborn over all creation etc…”
CS Lewis space trilogy kinda deal with this stuff and is pretty cool.
I guess the only aliens that we could baptize are aliens that are also made in the image of God (Jesus).
Or we would have to reconsider what image of god means?
Enjoying the speculation but still very confused
Stumbled across some articles where they mentioned that Pope Benedict said he would baptize an alien.
I find this interesting… wouldn’t that open the door to baptizing dogs, cats, trees. etc?
I thought the thing that separates us from other life is that humans are made in the image of God (Jesus). Jesus became a man, not a Dog, or Alien.
“He is the image of the invisible God, firstborn over all creation etc…”
CS Lewis space trilogy kinda deal with this stuff and is pretty cool.
I guess the only aliens that we could baptize are aliens that are also made in the image of God (Jesus).
Or we would have to reconsider what image of god means?
Enjoying the speculation but still very confused