B
babyOnTHEway
Guest
or promising something without really thinking about it. I guess this has been weighing on my mind for a while - the bible seems very contradictory on the issue. I’ve read passages where it instructs you to keep your promise or be condemned and then there are those passages where God says everything can be forgiven if you ask. What if you break one of those promises? I now believe that you should never make promises to God since he says let your no be a no and your yes be a yes, but if you do make a promise because you are trying to baragain or get something in return and you break your word, does God care? I have been guilty of this in the past and I tend to get worked up when something happens and then just say God if you do this, I will do that. I have prayed about that and asked him to just ignore if I do that in the future!
Does God only care if you make promises concerning religion or him? like if you are praying for the recovery of someone in a car crash and you promise to go to church every day from now on, then that’s a more serious promise about a serious issue. But, What if you make some kind of promise, like God please help me find my wallet and I will never buy a purse ever again, and then you do buy one. Is God going to hold that against you? Does he even care about those kind of promises? I think he has bigger things to worry about than things like that, but I could be wrong on that and that’s why I came to you guys. What do you think?
Does God only care if you make promises concerning religion or him? like if you are praying for the recovery of someone in a car crash and you promise to go to church every day from now on, then that’s a more serious promise about a serious issue. But, What if you make some kind of promise, like God please help me find my wallet and I will never buy a purse ever again, and then you do buy one. Is God going to hold that against you? Does he even care about those kind of promises? I think he has bigger things to worry about than things like that, but I could be wrong on that and that’s why I came to you guys. What do you think?