Barham Salih: Saddam Agents, Foreign Militants Behind Poll Attacks

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Barham Salih: Saddam Agents, Foreign Militants Behind Poll Attacks

The Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister says today that Saddamites are funding a “sophisticated alliance” with foreign Islamist terror forces to coordinate attacks on polling stations:

Barham Salih said intelligence gathered from dozens of Saddam’s former intelligence and army officers and foreign fighters arrested in the past week points to a major offensive during the polls.

Members of Saddam’s toppled Baath Party and foreign militants inspired by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) and his key ally in Iraq, Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, may have suffered setbacks but have plenty of cash.

“We do have, I think, some good ideas about what they are planning to do as a way of attacking polling stations and creating an insecure environment to prevent the population from going to the polling stations,” he told Reuters in an interview.

“They have vicious plans to derail the process. Bin Laden recently came out with a very clear statement that he does not want elections to be held in Iraq.”

%between%Salih said that Saddam loyalists escaped the 2003 invasion with large amounts of cash now beingused to bankroll the terror war.

“In Iraq we have a lethal alliance between former Saddamists and these global Jihadists. Saddam Hussein’s people have taken a lot of money from the Iraqi treasury. We know of the existence of many of these leaders from the former regime in countries like Syria,” he said.

“The former regime elements and these global Jihadists are working together, coordinating attacks and helping each other to instigate terrorist activities across the country.”

Zarqawi, the man blamed for many of the worst bombings, is still on the run. Salih said Zarqawi was working with Saddam’s former henchmen in a highly structured organization that includes former Iraqi special forces.

“We do see a high level of coordination between the former regime loyalists and Zarqawi and the surrogate organizations as part of a coordinated campaign of cooperation, intelligence, providing logistics back and forth,” he said.

“The picture that is emerging is that there is a high command for these terrorist activities. The bulk of the terrorist operations that we have to deal with come from the former regime loyalists.”

This article should be required reading for those who still believe that the US and the Iraqi government are fighting a “popular” “insurgency.”

It is going to be a rough election…I am just Praying. 😦
SPECIAL REQUEST FROM DBC MEMBER LYLE SHACKELFORD, SERVING AS A CHAPLAIN WITH U.S. ARMY UNIT IN IRAQ: As a transportation battalion, my unit will be delivering the voting machines and the ballots to villages and cities throughout Iraq during the upcoming elections. (January 30/31) Our convoys are prime targets for the insurgents because they do not want the equipment to arrive at the polling stations nor do they want the local Iraqi citizens to have the chance to vote; timely delivery must occur so that the elections occur. Encourage your friends and family members and those within our churches to pray specifically for the electoral process. Historically, the previous totalitarian regime would not allow individual citizens to vote. Democracy will not be realized in Iraq if intelligent and competent officials are not elected to those strategic leadership positions within the emerging government; freedom will not have an opportunity to ring throughout this country if the voting process fails. Announce this prayer request to your contacts throughout your churches, neighborhoods, and places of business. Those with leadership roles within the local church post this message in as many newsletters and bulletins as possible. There is unlimited potential for God’s presence in this process but if we do not pray then our enemy will prevail (See Ephesians 6:10-17) A prayer vigil prior to the end of the month may be an innovative opportunity for those within your sphere of influence to pray. This is a political battle that needs spiritual intervention. A powerful story about God’s intervention in the lives of David’s mighty men is recorded in 2 Samuel 23:8-33. David and his warriors were victorious because of God’s intervention. We want to overcome those who would stand in the way of freedom. David’s mighty men triumphed over incredible odds and stood their ground and were victorious over the enemies of Israel. (Iraqi insurgents’ vs God’s praying people). They don’t stand a chance.
I will pray with my soldiers before they leave on their convoys and move outside our installation gates here at Tallil. My soldiers are at the nerve center of the logistic operation to deliver the voting machines and election ballots. They will be driving to and entering the arena of the enemy. This is not a game for them it is a historical mission that is extremely dangerous. No voting machines or ballots. No elections. Your prayer support and God’s intervention are needed to give democracy a chance in this war torn country. Thank you for reading this e-mail. Please give this e-mail a wide dissemination.Thank you for your prayer support for me and my family. Stand firm in your battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back