Bart D. Ehrman's lectures

  • Thread starter Thread starter zemi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zemi

Guest
Is the historical content of Bart Ehrman’s lectures reliable? Are the things he claims facts and I shoul beware only of his implications? I’d like to know for instance to what extent I can trust the TTC (The Teaching Company) series he lectures on. If necesary, where to draw to line? Probably, the good response would be at truth. Of course, that’s what I want but how to find it out. How can I discern it properly? I don’t want to drum into my head stuff that is not quite OK though on the other hand I’m sure it’s always great to know what the “opposing” side claims. But just to sort things out.

Any thoughts? 🙂 Thanks 👍
 
I just finished listenting to Bart’s audiobook this week. This is clear, Jesus wrote nothing himself. His words and works are what witnesses heard and saw. It’s clear God left the keys to the Church with Saint Peter (and its need to pass the teachings and traditions through the Church) for a reason. To write words is human. To err is human. For any man or woman, even the Apostles, to write a single word is to write a potential error as an act of human-ness. As one poster before this wisely said, the purpose of the Bible is to mine the golden truth of God’s words out of it. Thank God for God’s Church on Earth, or none of Christ’s truth would live on, in whatever written form criticized by others, and hyper-deconstructionists like Bart Ehrman. --GodsDNA dot net - www.GodsDNA.net
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top