Beatitudes

  • Thread starter Thread starter YAYA7315
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YAYA7315

Guest
Hi I am currently teaching 4th grade CDC and wondering how to reword the beatitudes so the children understand the meaning a little better
 
Hi I am currently teaching 4th grade CDC and wondering how to reword the beatitudes so the children understand the meaning a little better
Instead of re-wording the Beatitudes perhaps you can discuss them one by one, the way they are worded in Scripture. Then, after reading one, you can have a discussion on what it means and they and you can present some scenarios of how to practice that beatitude.

For instance: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

Being poor in spirit means we are aware that everything good we have comes from God’s grace. (There may be better worded ways to say what it means, and it may have more than one meaning.)

(Just my two cents,… and then a discussion can go on)

Blessings,…
 
Hi I am currently teaching 4th grade CDC and wondering how to reword the beatitudes so the children understand the meaning a little better
I recommend the book Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI. He gives an excellent commentary on each of the beatitudes.
 
Hello all.
There’s a book written by Rosemarie Gortler you can get from amazon for about $6.95 called the Beatitudes for Children. I’ts very nicely written and colored. I got it for my young nephew when he asked me about them. The book said it better then I did.
God bless
jesus g
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top