P
prodigalson12
Guest
I like to pray before and after mass silently. It has been very hard to do often because people tend to either gather early gabbing away, or linger, gabbing away still. Cannot they see someone is trying to pray and give some much needed extra time exclusively with our Lord?
I’m finding myself often having to be the only one, but it really shouldn’t matter, they can take it outside of the church if they simply want to hang around and chat. Today was no exception and I even showed up much later in the day just for prayer alone, yet there were still people lingering, carrying on like I was not even there. I spent 20 minutes attempting to pray, in the end, the prayers were for them to leave, and after kissing the crucifix on my rosary, they seemed to finally get the point, that or Mary granted my prayer and kind of intervened on my behalf to get them to take it outside. It’s not like they are having to stand out in the cold, there are always plenty of indoor areas for gabbing, but while in our Fathers house, don’t you think some degree of reverence should be maintained?
I’m finding myself often having to be the only one, but it really shouldn’t matter, they can take it outside of the church if they simply want to hang around and chat. Today was no exception and I even showed up much later in the day just for prayer alone, yet there were still people lingering, carrying on like I was not even there. I spent 20 minutes attempting to pray, in the end, the prayers were for them to leave, and after kissing the crucifix on my rosary, they seemed to finally get the point, that or Mary granted my prayer and kind of intervened on my behalf to get them to take it outside. It’s not like they are having to stand out in the cold, there are always plenty of indoor areas for gabbing, but while in our Fathers house, don’t you think some degree of reverence should be maintained?
: