D
DEACONGS
Guest
I’ve read posts that leave me thinking that many people don’t really know what a Permanent Deacon is. Some have led me to believe that there are those who feel threatened by what they *think *Permanent Deacons are. We are clerics. We are also, most of us, husbands and fathers and grandfathers and office workers and factory workers. We try to be good in our multiple roles. All of us struggle. Over the next two weekends several dozen Permanent Deacons of the Diocese of Rockford, IL will come together for our annual retreat. On behalf of those attending as well for all Permanent Deacons, may I ask for your prayers? Just as we never know, thru God’s grace, whose heart we may touch in our ministry, so you may never know the Permanent Deacon you strengthen by your prayers.
In any setting, I never pass up the opportunity to thank someone for their efforts as a homilist, lector, cantor, usher or whatever role they may be fulfilling. You might consider giving a word of thanks or encouragement to the Permanent Deacon in your parish.
We’ll make it a point to pray for all of you during our retreat.
thanks,
Deacon Greg
In any setting, I never pass up the opportunity to thank someone for their efforts as a homilist, lector, cantor, usher or whatever role they may be fulfilling. You might consider giving a word of thanks or encouragement to the Permanent Deacon in your parish.
We’ll make it a point to pray for all of you during our retreat.
thanks,
Deacon Greg