Behind my husband

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADiosgracias
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ADiosgracias

Guest
My husband just wants to give charity in Sunday mass. Is it a sin if I give to other religious institutions without saying anything and knowing that he does not want.
 
You should probably just sit down with your husband and talk to him about it.
 
I think that you seriously need to talk to your husband an maybe to have a priest to add a few words of wisdom to your conversation. Going behind your husband back, especially when he made it clear that the action is contrary to his wishes, is usually a really bad idea in particular when his wishes might not be immoral.
 
I’ve just been through this same issue with my husband. I signed up to give a certain amount monthly to a charity without his consent, knowing it was against his wishes. I ended up telling him because I felt guilty and we were able to work out a compromise, although he was angry and felt I had betrayed his trust. I would like to give more, as I feel we are financially able and I have more trust in the Lord to provide for our needs than he does. But I have to accept his wishes and if I want to give more it will have to be of my time and talent rather than treasure. But you really do need to sit down and discuss this issue with him. If you have a job of your own (I don’t right now), then you should be able to give a certain amount of it to a charity of your choice provided you can still meet all your obligations to pay bills and save for emergencies), but you need to sit down with your husband and agree on an acceptable amount. Trust me, you will feel better than if you go behind his back!!
 
I’ve just been through this same issue with my husband. I signed up to give a certain amount monthly to a charity without his consent, knowing it was against his wishes. I ended up telling him because I felt guilty and we were able to work out a compromise, although he was angry and felt I had betrayed his trust. I would like to give more, as I feel we are financially able and I have more trust in the Lord to provide for our needs than he does. But I have to accept his wishes and if I want to give more it will have to be of my time and talent rather than treasure. But you really do need to sit down and discuss this issue with him. If you have a job of your own (I don’t right now), then you should be able to give a certain amount of it to a charity of your choice provided you can still meet all your obligations to pay bills and save for emergencies), but you need to sit down with your husband and agree on an acceptable amount. Trust me, you will feel better than if you go behind his back!!
Yeah, agree.

There are 2 things that are really spooky about the OP’s original post.

a) that you might think that sneaking around could be a good idea for any reason.

b) that you are so wrapped up in something ideological or social that it could mean more to you than your relationship with your husband.

Put politics in its place and sit down and talk with your husband. You share a household and need to share responsibility and decision-making.
 
My husband just wants to give charity in Sunday mass. Is it a sin if I give to other religious institutions without saying anything and knowing that he does not want.
There are 2 things that are really spooky about this:

a) that you might think that sneaking around could be a good idea for any reason.

b) that you are so wrapped up in something ideological or social that it could mean more to you than your relationship with your husband.

Put politics in its place and sit down and talk with your husband. You share a household and need to share responsibility and decision-making.
 
There are 2 things that are really spooky about this:

a) that you might think that sneaking around could be a good idea for any reason.

b) that you are so wrapped up in something ideological or social that it could mean more to you than your relationship with your husband.

Put politics in its place and sit down and talk with your husband. You share a household and need to share responsibility and decision-making.
This!
 
You should ask the Holy Spirit (who gives wisdom and guidance) what to do in this situation. Listen for the still small voice that speaks to your heart. The advice He will give you will most likely benefit you and your husband both. When situations like this occur, it is good to go to God first above all–then everything else will fall into place.

God Bless
 
You should ask the Holy Spirit (who gives wisdom and guidance) what to do in this situation. Listen for the still small voice that speaks to your heart. The advice He will give you will most likely benefit you and your husband both. When situations like this occur, it is good to go to God first above all–then everything else will fall into place.

God Bless
Just be careful that you’re listening very closely for God, and not just hearing yourself say what you want.
 
I feel that if there is a specific reason that your husband does not want to give, such a financial hardship, then you should respect your husbands wishes and trust that when things are better you can begin giving again.

However, if there is no definite reason, but he simply does not desire to give away your money then you should find out why this change occured?

I agree with the other posters who have said you should not go behind his back. If it were my husband I would even say this to him, that I desperately want to give charity but would never go behind his back to do so. Perhaps you could even agree on a smaller amount?
 
Well, how would you feel if you found out your husband was donating to some cause you didn’t want him to? Or purchasing things you didn’t want him purchasing?

Lies of ommission are just as bad as lies of commission. If this is important to you, than you should be willing to talk to your husband about it. If it’s not that important, than you shouldn’t be doing it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top