Being consecrated to Mary?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

Guest
I hope I spelled that right. I have heard on a few occasions a person/place/thing being consecrated to Mother Mary, I think that there is a group that does this (I can’t remeber what the name is). I was wondering, what does it mean to be conscrated to Mary? Thanks and God bless.
 
Militia Immaculata does this, started by St. Maximillian Kolbe. They consecrate themselves, I believe, to Jesus through Mary, but I could be wrong. You put yourself under her guidance and protection and ask for her prayers. You unite yourself to Christ through embracing her as His mother. I haven’t done the consecration, although I’ve started on two ocassions through the St. Louis de Monfort, and I’ve heard it’s very powerful :).
 
This site may give you some more information on both the Louis deMonford Consecration and the Kolbe Consecration:
consecration.com/living-out.html

I am thinking of doing this sometime later this month. I’m still praying about it and trying to determine if I am ready for it, yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top