Being taught at my son's school

• Thread starter Thread starter Uniquemom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think “correct” means standard and “incorrect” means non-standard. But then who decides that “correct” means “standard”, and who gives them the authority so to decide?

Actually I suppose part, at least, of the point of words like “womxn” is that they are not standard.

See now this whole thread leads directly to this thread.
Because, OP, you can maybe inform on this one teacher. But it’s just the beginning anyway. And probably most of the kids and parents are on board with this. So your kid will start thinking like them, and will think that you are the one who is incorrect. Look at the older public school kids and ask yourself if that’s what you want your child to turn into?
40.png
Why you should be pulling your kids out of public school Parenting
[BRAINWASHED: How Black Lives Matter Hijacked Our Schools | Glenn TV] I’m expecting a lot of attacks on Glenn Beck or the Blaze but the content in the video is something you can find and verify for yourself. Legitimate problem.

la-TEE-nex

The irony is that the word is ethnocentric, imposing an Anglo linguistic convention on another culture’s vocabulary. But what do I know? I just work here. 😏

I’ve seen it typed out as latin@ to include male or female. But the Spanish language simply won’t fly well with people who eschew cisgendered language.

Last edited:
The term Latinx was dreamed up by some academic in an effort to avoid using the gendered forms Latino (male) and Latina (female). Spanish is a gendered language and nouns have gender. There are words like Perro which means dog and is masculine and Rana which means frog and is feminine. Most hispanics think Latinx is stupid - at least the ones in my parish do. I would have a talk with the teacher and make my views known. This is not only bad grammar, but not appropriate for third graders.

Who decides which pronunciation is “correct” and which is “incorrect”? And whoever it is, who gave them the authority to make that decision?
Language is democratic. A single person can make a proposal. It is up to everyone else to accept or reject the proposal.

I would get out of public school.

Your life will be like this–constant conflict, constant calls to principal (who will think you’re a nutcase but be polite to you while not doing anything about your request)–until you leave public schools behind.

It’s a shame you have to pay for public schools, plus pay for a private school or private home schooI curricula. But bite the bullet and do it. If you don’t, you are in danger of losing your child(ren) to this awful godless system, and losing your mind as you are in a constant battle with these so-called "heroes, the public school teachers.

Last edited:
I’m not even sure there’s a clearcut distinction between “Latino” and “Hispanic.” On another thread here at CAF, quite a long time ago, I said I thought Brazilians are Latinos but not Hispanics, because they speak Portuguese, not Spanish. But apparently I was wrong. I was told that “Hispanic,” as the term is generally used, does include Brazilians.

They keep trying to come up with different ways of spouting the same nonsense. I saw it written as “wom*n” recently on Twitter.

40.png
BartholomewB:
Who decides which pronunciation is “correct” and which is “incorrect”? And whoever it is, who gave them the authority to make that decision?
Language is democratic. A single person can make a proposal. It is up to everyone else to accept or reject the proposal.
Not really, because this nonsense is shoved down our throats by teachers, academics, and supervisors in the workplace.

I think “Latino” is preferred in order to avoid issues like what you just mentioned with not only Portuguese heritage, but also indigenous heritage that didn’t really come from Spain.

Oh my, just googles it myself, the school system is satanic, can you remove him, their poor little souls
How is it satanic?
Your life will be like this–constant conflict, constant calls to principal (who will think you’re a nutcase but be polite to you while not doing anything about your request)–until you leave public schools behind.
Eh, maybe. We haven’t had to pick up the phone once to call the school for curriculum issues once. Not everyone is going to have the same experiences with public schools as they are all their own independent districts.
It’s a shame you have to pay for public schools, plus pay for a private school or private home schooI curricula. But bite the bullet and do it. If you don’t, you are in danger of losing your child(ren) to this awful godless system, and losing your mind as you are in a constant battle with these so-called "heroes, the public school teachers.
We get it…you don’t like teachers. I must have attended the best public schools in the country and my kids attend them…we’re not in “constant battle” with teachers. To be honest, I’ve never actually met or known someone who has been (especially over curriculum)… The school system isn’t one giant brush that you can paint over it with. Schools in California are going to be different then Texas…Florida different from Iowa…so on and so forth.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for some people to run for their local school board. Between the state and there is where the curriculum comes from. Teachers don’t get to just “pick it and wing it”. If you want to see change, run, win and help make changes in your community.

OP, I noticed that you say your son’s online public school in your initial post. Is this distance learning from the “brick and mortar” school or are you attending an actual online school (both exist)?

especially the part about “character traits” of Presidents.
And considering they probably believe following Catholicism is a bad ‘character trait’, I don’t want them telling me what is good or bad about ANY political individual.

And considering they probably believe following Catholicism is a bad ‘character trait’, I don’t want them telling me what is good or bad about ANY political individual.
Maybe, but I believe they are both Catholic…correct? I doubt their religious affiliation is something that would be touched on as a “character trait”.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I believe they are both Catholic…correct? I doubt their religious affiliation is something that would be touched on as a “character trait”.
What i mean is, if they think Catholicism is wrong, or bigoted, or evil, I’m not too interested in how they define good and evil of any man.

I mean, politics really shouldn’t be so prevalent in school, unless it’s in a proper educational format.

To follow into obamas footsteps, he promoted LGBT majorly , used his daughter as an example to get an abortion (quote me if i’m wrong) and I did read Hilary clintons leaked e-mails (which I won’t go into) he wanted men and women to share bathrooms, and said ‘G od bless planned parenthood’ Forgive me lord, I dont want to repeat that quote.

He can’t be used as an example to young people

Protect your child. protect their soul.

What i mean is, if they think Catholicism is wrong, or bigoted, or evil, I’m not too interested in how they define good and evil of any man.
I don’t think religious affiliation would have much to do with character traits…nor that it is being used to determined if one is “good or evil”.

Oh, cool. Didn’t know that (now that you mention it, that does sound familiar). Reading about his following on here, for some reason, I started to assume he was Catholic.

Eh, maybe. We haven’t had to pick up the phone once to call the school for curriculum issues once. Not everyone is going to have the same experiences with public schools as they are all their own independent districts.
Apparently the OP has had curriculum issues–that’s what this thread is about. So I’m guessing that there’s a good chance her family will have similar experiences with public schools in her district as our family had in our district. Maybe not–she will probably wait it out a few more months or perhaps for this entire school year–but when a child’s education is at stake–that extra few months can make a difference. It is very stressful to have Mom/Dad in a constant battle with the teacher. The child can be kept in the dark about this, but kids aren’t stupid–they know that Mom/Dad and the teacher don’t see eye to eye, and that’s stressful. The child wonders why Mom/Dad are leaving him/her with that teacher if they think she is teaching something wrong. The child begins to doubt Mom/Dad, and feels stressed because he/she doubts his own parents.

It’s just so much stress, and IMO as a Mom who went through it and eventually ended up pulling my daughters–don’t do it. Just get the child out sooner rather than later. When we pulled our daughters out of public school and enrolled them in a private school, our family life improved so much, and school was fun and interesting again instead of battleground.

We get enough political battles just by watching/listening to/reading the local/national neews. It’s not something that should be tarnishing the best years of family life–the “school age” years, when a child is growing every day in body and mind, and turning into the young person/adult that the parents dream he/she will be. So much fun, so many wonderful school experiences, making friends that will possibly be friends for a lifetime–go for that, not a daily phone or email fight.

Last edited:
Apparently the OP has had curriculum issues–that’s what this thread is about. So I’m guessing that there’s a good chance her family will have similar experiences with public schools in her district as our family had in our district.
That is why I asked if this is distance learning from the local public school or an actual online school. Both can be publicly funded, but are much different.
It is very stressful to have Mom/Dad in a constant battle with the teacher.
It’s just so much stress
not a daily phone or email fight.
Why would anyone be constantly arguing with the teacher? They teach to the curriculum…they don’t just “wing it”.

Run for school board, be the change you want. I was close to running this year but decided to coach one more year instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back