Being teased in high school

  • Thread starter Thread starter thunder_619
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunder_619

Guest
Hello everyone. This is my first post and I really, really appreciate the time just for reading this. I HONESTLY do. I am in need of some advice. I tried Yahoo! Answers and a few other forums, but that did not work. I then thought of an idea to search up a forum of my own religion (Catholicism) and share my story ;).

Anyways, I am turning 17 in two months, and entering my junior year of high school. So far, it has been so depressing. I am an only child and basically I have no friends. No one wants to hang out with me. I try to be social and outgoing but no prevail. in the past, I tried making a Facebook to try to fit in with the people. I registered and within the next days, I received a lot of friends request. For me, I thought my plan was working and I was actually fitting in. Right? Wrong. It turns out those people just send friend requests just to add more people to their “friends list”. For them, they they think that the more friends you have on that list, the more “popular” you are.

Is it just me, or is that just stupid? I bet there are people on the list that they do not even know! Later, I start seeing these posts on facebook saying stuff like, “lms for a rating” or “truth is”. Also, there are guys that post mirror reflections of themselves on facebook, often shirtless. I just want to know what on earth are you accomplishing by taking pictures of yourselves and posting it online. Later, I found out that it was to see how many “likes” they would get, especially from girls. Is it just me or is that just downright pathetic? I cannot believe people take part over such activity like this. Thank goodness I did not take part in this.

Now to the teasing. I have been teased throughout my time in high school. One of the reasons why I get made fun of is because I am an Arab. People constantly call me a Muslim, Jew (I will explain later), and a terrorist. I can’t believe that they call me a terrorist. They always tell tease me by saying stuff like “what place are you going to blow up next?”. also, just because you are Arab, thatndoesnt mean you are a Muslim. They now I am not a Muslim, but they just like calling me that. Second, I have an extremely big giant nose. I feel it is fpbringing me down. I feel like it makes me unattractive and it is a turnoff. They always tease me by calling me a Jew due to the stereotype that all Jews have a big nose. That is not it. They also call me a bird because they say it makes me look like I have a beek. In PE class, there was this one kid that was like “can’t you just fly to get the rebound”. I hate my nose and the way I look so much. It makes me feel as if I will never find a girl and get married. I asked out some girls to homecoming before, and they all said no. I try to be social but it doesn’t work. I tried out for team sports thinking that will get me more involved, but I got cut. I love sports but I am just not athletic enough to compete.

I am too embarrassed to ask my parents and tell them this story. I do not want them to know what happens to me in school. I do not want to tell them that people call me Muslim, a Jew, or a terrorist. My parent always compare me to different people. They always say stuff like " why did he get a 95 and you got a 87?" or “why are you not as good as he is?”. It bugs me. It makes me feel as if they do not love me for who I am. I am not a smart person, as I have a 3.3 gpa. I study hard but I am one of those students that needs time and some private tutoring to grasp the lnowledge. There are people at my school that are worried about getting accepted into college. These people have an above 4.0 gpa! I asked why are they worried and they were like that they need to get into a top tier college if they want to get a high paying job because employers care what school you go to blah blah blah. I do not know what to do. Should I speak with my counselor when school starts? Sometimes, before I go to bed, I like “talking” to God. I like explaining my problem and I just feel inside that He is there and listening. I bet some of you may think it is a little weird but it isn’t. The feeling you have is undescribable. Before you go to bed, I ask that you just talk to God just like if you are having a normal conversation with someone. Say all your prayers, needs, thanksgiving in a conversation format. It feels like a heavy load of burden just came off your back. I want to thank you guys for reading and GOD bless!
 
“Thunder”,

You are showing maturity by recognizing the shallowness of those who say hurtful things to you, and by recognizing that there are many on facebook that just seek admiration.

I am so sorry for the way you are spoken to and treated, and saddened by the insensitivity of those who make remarks about your appearance. That is cruel. May the Lord bless you, for He loves you and created you!

Counseling can help you vent your feelings to someone who will listen. We cannot change others, but we can change ourselves with the help of the grace of God. He is always there for us and loves us unconditionally.

Those following Christ offer up their hurts to Him when they are treated badly, as He suffered much for us.

God bless you on your life journey!
 
This reminds me on my old school, everyone teased everyone like that.
 
I just want to say that you are being very mature in your handling of this situtation.

Regarding the Facebook stuff, you can usually avoid the friendlisters by just seeing how many people they know according to their profiles and, unless you remember meeting them, don’t accept their request. About the pictures people post, they are probably looking for affirmation of their opinions of themselves, kind of sad really.

People tease you? I first want to say that I am very sorry to hear that and that I am praying for you. Just don’t react to the teasers, they get no response and they go away eventually. Alternately, if that doesn’t work, try saying a morning offering prayer every day, I find that it makes me much less aggravated by people and things, basically you are offering your day to the Lord. Also, the people who tease you are really the sad ones if they tease you, it means they are probably insecure! You should feel sad for them, if anything.

About your parents and your GPA. 3.3 is not bad at all, the 4.0 people worrying about colleges are the people who worry about things like “which second or first-tier school will I get accepted to?” 3.3 is actually perfectly acceptable, especially if you have good extracurricular, SAT scores, etc.

Regarding your praying at night like a conversation with God. That’s a really good idea. I do that sometimes when I get aggravated and I also find it really helpful.

I hope that your problems go away soon and, if not, that you use them to grow closer to God. God bless!
 
Hey, Thunder. That is normal. You’re simply more mature than the rest of your environment. It can be depressing to be left out, or especially teased, but you at least have the knowledge that shallow things are shallow and you can spend your time more productively.

I had to go through that **** myself too. As a very young child, I happened to have very pronounced traces of Asian ancestry in face, while I was a blond guy. Comments about Down’s Syndrome or “mongolism” were not limited to kids only. Even though I was probably the smartest of the bunch actually, which didn’t stop idiots from treating me as a mentally retarded person. (And I eventually caved in and my grades dropped but that was much later and rather involved girls and the usual jocks vs nerds.)

Don’t listen to idiots who overdo the “terrorist” jokes but at the same time realise that some of it may be in good fun, while a bit rough and somewhat insensitive, a bit like the “mean” nicknames people give to each other in the army (if you pay attention, you will probably notice that those kids likely give each other names that are plenty to deal with, too), which often take a somewhat racist bent if applicable. Heck, I don’t have a trace of Arabic blood in me but I have a picture of me in a thawb and headscarf on Facebook. If people want to play smartass, they can talk to my lawyer. Oh wait, that’d be me. Figures.

Achieve your dreams and don’t be deterred by stupid or envious people. Some of whom are probably not stupid or envious but simply clueless, a little prod in the right direction could go a long way.

As for girls, girls like achievers. Achievement will generally trump any attractive innate quality that is not developed. You will find success with all women and especially the “right” ones eventually if you work hard and do meaningful things in life. Right now, most girls your age (guys too, of course) are clueless and lost in a hormonal storm. They will get better eventually.

As for your parents, I would try talking to them. Perhaps tell them how you appreciate them wanting the best for you and that you promise to work hard (if all of this is true, of course) but you need them to show you their support (and that you’re still the same son they love) even when something doesn’t work out or you take a slump. You especially need support from people you love, who believe in you, if you need to get out of a slump or a worse period in grades or sports or anything else you do, you probably need some form of reassurance that you’ll be loved and accepted even if you aren’t the best of everybody. Traditional parents sometimes fail to see this somewhat. I went through a lot of that too, getting a B was a crime and a C was a disaster, to the point that eventually even As lost value to me, it was a bad experience.
 
Hi Thunder,
Welcome to CAF!

In a couple of years, you’re going to be out of that school and it will be over. There is a higher percentage of more mature people in college, so it should be easier for you.

If you can, you might consider asking at your parish if there is something you can get involved in there, like the food pantry or some other service work. It will allow you to be with people who are more mature and who will appreciate you, and of course, you will be doing some good!

It is great that you are staying close to God during this difficult time. Just as a comment: a lot of kids get teased in school and do not realize that it happens to others as well. People who tease in that hateful sort of way do it to everyone, so you are not alone. A lot of kids feel the way you do.
 
:eek:

You are very VERY similiar to a friend of mine. I am 17 and so is he. He too has an Arab-looking skin tone and a biggish hooknose and he too isn’t that popular.

My group of friends (of which he is part) isn’t “normal” either. Two are fat, we have a small ginger, a metalhead, a pothead and then there is me.

Anyway, we tease eachother to no small degree. If someone else would hear it they would think we’re terrorising eachother, and that would be quite understandable. Yet everyone is teased in the same degree, which isn’t difficult because we’re all very easy targets, and we laugh. We like eachother very much and meet up very frequently, so we harbor no bad feelings.

The guy like you we used to call Ghadaffi (especially when he got tanned by the sun after a vacation), and later on we called him Gull. We make silly bird-jokes (like the ones you narrated) and one day one of us even brought bird food to school and offered it to him in front of the classroom (I don’t think it went that far with you). Minutes later the arabish guy makes jokes about me and one of the fat guys, invites us over and we have a beer and play some card games, and everyone is cool and we laugh about what happened.

Why did I say this? Because you’re not alone. You might think now that you’re the only one who looks/does like this, but you aren’t, as my friend can testify. You mentioned you have no friends, yet I guess that there are types like me and my friends out there on your school too who would love to be your friends. Finding them wouldn’t be too difficult I imagine. Having a common hobby (like computer gaming or wargaming) helps.

My friend too (and infact almost all of my friends - me included) don’t have much succes with girls. Especially the little redhead keeps complaining to me about it 😃
I can give little to no advice there, to my great regret.

My big advice to you is, be as you really are and don’t try to pretend to be something you really aren’t. I am very eccentric, nerdish, mildly autistic, and am not very beautiful (and that’s an understatement :)), yet all the cool kids talk to me about all sorts of stuff and act very friendly around me.

Just always have a smile, be yourself and you’ll be good 👍

Feel free to ask me questions.
 
Don’t give up!!
There are many other students going through similar situations. My suggestion is to join two clubs. That’s a great place to meet friends. My daughter joined newspaper and FFA (Future Farmers of America) and we’re not farmers!! She met so many nice kids. Often clubs will engage in social activities as well. Think outside the box, what would you like to try?? Look at the yearbook at all of the different clubs.

Good luck and have fun - this is a new year. Be positive!! Smile and greet those who put you down. It a lot harder to hurt someone who is being nice. Walk with your head up. It’s harder to put someone down who shows confidence.

You only need one or two good friends to feel much better about yourself. Let me know how you’re doing!!
God bless,
Ann
 
First of all, welcome to CAF! 😃

Second, you are perfect just the way God made you to be! Kids can be cruel and even if you are – in their eyes – perfect on the outside, there will STILL be someone who will make fun of you. I have learned that children who make fun of others are suffering from their own insecurities and they deal with that by trying to make someone else feel bad. Try to keep this in mind (I know it’s hard sometimes!) and remember that God doesn’t make mistakes in the way that he chooses to make us look on the outside. 😉

Having said that, please talk to your parents. They love you! Don’t be embarrassed. My daughter was teased and bullied in school and she didn’t tell me. Instead, she let it continue to build up until it was too late (she ran away from home at 13 years old to avoid having to face the bullies).

You are definitely in my prayers and keep your chin up and know that you are WONDERFUL just the way you are!
 
I was teased a lot in grade school and junior high. It “coincidentally” seemed to stop when I joined the wrestling team and then a martial arts school.

Sports are a great way to meet people.

I suggest continuing in your spiritual walk that sounds way ahead of most people your age and look for a sport that appeals to you. Train your body, and spirit, and ignore the critics.

I would not worry about your nose. Big noses give character and may be related to some unusual skill like leadership. My Dad had a big nose.

He had many commands in both the Army and the corporate world.
 
Hello everyone. This is my first post and I really, really appreciate the time just for reading this. I HONESTLY do. I am in need of some advice. I tried Yahoo! Answers and a few other forums, but that did not work. I then thought of an idea to search up a forum of my own religion (Catholicism) and share my story ;).

Anyways, I am turning 17 in two months, and entering my junior year of high school. So far, it has been so depressing. I am an only child and basically I have no friends. No one wants to hang out with me. I try to be social and outgoing but no prevail. in the past, I tried making a Facebook to try to fit in with the people. I registered and within the next days, I received a lot of friends request. For me, I thought my plan was working and I was actually fitting in. Right? Wrong. It turns out those people just send friend requests just to add more people to their “friends list”. For them, they they think that the more friends you have on that list, the more “popular” you are.

Is it just me, or is that just stupid? I bet there are people on the list that they do not even know! Later, I start seeing these posts on facebook saying stuff like, “lms for a rating” or “truth is”. Also, there are guys that post mirror reflections of themselves on facebook, often shirtless. I just want to know what on earth are you accomplishing by taking pictures of yourselves and posting it online. Later, I found out that it was to see how many “likes” they would get, especially from girls. Is it just me or is that just downright pathetic? I cannot believe people take part over such activity like this. Thank goodness I did not take part in this.

Now to the teasing. I have been teased throughout my time in high school. One of the reasons why I get made fun of is because I am an Arab. People constantly call me a Muslim, Jew (I will explain later), and a terrorist. I can’t believe that they call me a terrorist. They always tell tease me by saying stuff like “what place are you going to blow up next?”. also, just because you are Arab, thatndoesnt mean you are a Muslim. They now I am not a Muslim, but they just like calling me that. Second, I have an extremely big giant nose. I feel it is fpbringing me down. I feel like it makes me unattractive and it is a turnoff. They always tease me by calling me a Jew due to the stereotype that all Jews have a big nose. That is not it. They also call me a bird because they say it makes me look like I have a beek. In PE class, there was this one kid that was like “can’t you just fly to get the rebound”. I hate my nose and the way I look so much. It makes me feel as if I will never find a girl and get married. I asked out some girls to homecoming before, and they all said no. I try to be social but it doesn’t work. I tried out for team sports thinking that will get me more involved, but I got cut. I love sports but I am just not athletic enough to compete.

I am too embarrassed to ask my parents and tell them this story. I do not want them to know what happens to me in school. I do not want to tell them that people call me Muslim, a Jew, or a terrorist. My parent always compare me to different people. They always say stuff like " why did he get a 95 and you got a 87?" or “why are you not as good as he is?”. It bugs me. It makes me feel as if they do not love me for who I am. I am not a smart person, as I have a 3.3 gpa. I study hard but I am one of those students that needs time and some private tutoring to grasp the lnowledge. There are people at my school that are worried about getting accepted into college. These people have an above 4.0 gpa! I asked why are they worried and they were like that they need to get into a top tier college if they want to get a high paying job because employers care what school you go to blah blah blah. I do not know what to do. Should I speak with my counselor when school starts? Sometimes, before I go to bed, I like “talking” to God. I like explaining my problem and I just feel inside that He is there and listening. I bet some of you may think it is a little weird but it isn’t. The feeling you have is undescribable. Before you go to bed, I ask that you just talk to God just like if you are having a normal conversation with someone. Say all your prayers, needs, thanksgiving in a conversation format. It feels like a heavy load of burden just came off your back. I want to thank you guys for reading and GOD bless!
Here’s a simple tip.

Ignore.

And never result to suicide…

Good luck!

SIncerely,

Ad Infinitum 👍
 
Wow, this kid is being BULLIED. Don’t tell him to just ignore it!

One: high school is hard for everyone. You’re smart to realize it.

Two: This is not an excuse for people to call you racial slurs and make fun of your appearance. Yeah, it’s hard - but you need to let your parents in and tell them what’s happening. Then you need to tell someone in authority, and they need to make it stop. You are being bullied.
You can tell the kids to their faces first if you want - “Hey, stop bullying me.” Or you can go straight to teachers, principal, etc. Your school, if you’re in the US, should have a zero-tolerance policy for bullying. You should not have to hear racial and ethnic slurs AT ALL. Ever.

Three: It sucks to totally hate part of your appearance. Keep in mind that noses grow before the rest of your face. It may even out.

Four: If not, it doesn’t really matter. Once you get to college, no one will care anymore, because people are starting to grow up. Girls won’t care; if they do, they’re stupid. I’m married now; most people would call me really hot ;). My husband is far less hot than me, by conventional standards. But I have, by every objective measure, the best husband EVER. My friends are all jealous. I’m serious. So don’t stress. If girls or guys are worthwhile, they won’t care.

Five: You probably don’t believe me, or care, about number four. That’s okay. It’s true anyway.

Six: Better take the time to learn something well and learn to work hard, then get it easily and never learn hard work. The people that it comes easily to? They burn out when the work gets hard. I should know - I’m one of them. I never learned to work, and when I needed to, I had to learn FAST. It wasn’t pretty.

Seven: Top tier school? Whatever. Do what you love, even if that’s plumbing. Especially if that’s plumbing - heck, plumbers make more money than most people I know. You’ll end up where God wants you.

Keep praying. It gets better. And please tell someone about the bullying.
 
I’m so sorry you are going through this. I was teased by mean girls in the 8th grade, and I felt so ugly and alone. But I thank God for it now because it gave me empathy for others. I would never treat anyone like that, and neither will you. I got prettier over the summer and started high school at a new school, but I was still not popular, mostly because I was very shy (and my self-esteem was in the toilet from the year before). But I’m going to be honest with you: the only way to be popular at my school was to drink and party. I had seen kids who were unpopular suddenly become popular when they started to party. That was 25 years ago in a small town, and I’m sure things are much worse for high schoolers these days. But I will tell you that 25 years later most have grown up and are very kind to everyone now…even to the people they made fun of back in the day. So you may as well anticipate that and love those people NOW with Godly love, knowing they will change and grow with time. Hold your head up high. Be confident. Laugh along with them–think of some jokes you can tell them about your nose! Once they realize you no longer care if they tease you, they’ll probably stop. Prayer is good. Pray for God to help you love these kids. Pray for Him to help you be a good Christian example for them. Pick an activity that YOU are interested in. If you can find others with a shared interest that helps. Get involved with your youth group at Church. As for not being able to get into the “best” college…in my opinion a college degree is a college degree in most cases. Ask God to send you where HE wants you to go. Give everything to God and know that He is allowing these things to happen to you for one reason…for your eternal salvation. He will use this experience to help you become more like Jesus. Accept it with love, hard as it is. God bless you.
 
Hello! Your story really touches me…From your various attempts NOT to quit and find acceptance and love and a good crowd to be with I can tell you are not a quitter and (as a mom of two, now 20 and 30 years old) this makes me confident that you are strong enough and that you will make it!
I, in my youth, felt like an alien among people and I settled for the wrong crowd, just for some morsels of love and friendship. Do not make this mistake. Stay aware that you are a precious child of God! - and have confidence and trust, that you will find your way and people who really love you for who you are. (Wont be many anyway, nobody has dozens of true friends, that just isnt happening). Please do not hate yourself, try to truly accept yourself. God loves you and so should you, love yourself.
Maybe you can talk to your parents at some point? Or to your school counselor? You are taking good steps to talk to SOMEONE:
You are talking to us forum people here and you will notice that whatever age we are or in whatever circumstances we live, we feel with you, we accept you.
Something practical: gain knowledge about your own heritance, ask your parents questions, love your origins…this will give you more confidence over time.
About the bullying: it’s perfectly alright to feel hurt.
Maybe you can get some practical advice how to deal with these situations. I would definitely let someone in the school know.
Another thing, I have a visible disability (born with a blinf eye) and people sometime took hostile advantage of it to hurt me. As time goes by you, you will be able to better deal with it. Trust me, we all learn to live with our looks, my blind eye does not bother me much anymore, as I experiecned that it never prevented anyone to love me or like me or accept me or hate me. it does not count in this.
Sorry in case I just dont have the right words for you. Please accept my writing to you as good try because try I did. Just dont worry too much and persevere as you do, you are so courageous and determinned, a fair player, that will find its reward one day, more than half a mark better in maths or so…God bless you and all your endeavors!
 
Hello everyone. This is my first post and I really, really appreciate the time just for reading this. I HONESTLY do. I am in need of some advice. I tried Yahoo! Answers and a few other forums, but that did not work. I then thought of an idea to search up a forum of my own religion (Catholicism) and share my story ;).

Anyways, I am turning 17 in two months, and entering my junior year of high school. So far, it has been so depressing. I am an only child and basically I have no friends. No one wants to hang out with me. I try to be social and outgoing but no prevail. in the past, I tried making a Facebook to try to fit in with the people. I registered and within the next days, I received a lot of friends request. For me, I thought my plan was working and I was actually fitting in. Right? Wrong. It turns out those people just send friend requests just to add more people to their “friends list”. For them, they they think that the more friends you have on that list, the more “popular” you are.

Is it just me, or is that just stupid? I bet there are people on the list that they do not even know! Later, I start seeing these posts on facebook saying stuff like, “lms for a rating” or “truth is”. Also, there are guys that post mirror reflections of themselves on facebook, often shirtless. I just want to know what on earth are you accomplishing by taking pictures of yourselves and posting it online. Later, I found out that it was to see how many “likes” they would get, especially from girls. Is it just me or is that just downright pathetic? I cannot believe people take part over such activity like this. Thank goodness I did not take part in this.

Now to the teasing. I have been teased throughout my time in high school. One of the reasons why I get made fun of is because I am an Arab. People constantly call me a Muslim, Jew (I will explain later), and a terrorist. I can’t believe that they call me a terrorist. They always tell tease me by saying stuff like “what place are you going to blow up next?”. also, just because you are Arab, thatndoesnt mean you are a Muslim. They now I am not a Muslim, but they just like calling me that. Second, I have an extremely big giant nose. I feel it is fpbringing me down. I feel like it makes me unattractive and it is a turnoff. They always tease me by calling me a Jew due to the stereotype that all Jews have a big nose. That is not it. They also call me a bird because they say it makes me look like I have a beek. In PE class, there was this one kid that was like “can’t you just fly to get the rebound”. I hate my nose and the way I look so much. It makes me feel as if I will never find a girl and get married. I asked out some girls to homecoming before, and they all said no. I try to be social but it doesn’t work. I tried out for team sports thinking that will get me more involved, but I got cut. I love sports but I am just not athletic enough to compete.

I am too embarrassed to ask my parents and tell them this story. I do not want them to know what happens to me in school. I do not want to tell them that people call me Muslim, a Jew, or a terrorist. My parent always compare me to different people. They always say stuff like " why did he get a 95 and you got a 87?" or “why are you not as good as he is?”. It bugs me. It makes me feel as if they do not love me for who I am. I am not a smart person, as I have a 3.3 gpa. I study hard but I am one of those students that needs time and some private tutoring to grasp the lnowledge. There are people at my school that are worried about getting accepted into college. These people have an above 4.0 gpa! I asked why are they worried and they were like that they need to get into a top tier college if they want to get a high paying job because employers care what school you go to blah blah blah. I do not know what to do. Should I speak with my counselor when school starts? Sometimes, before I go to bed, I like “talking” to God. I like explaining my problem and I just feel inside that He is there and listening. I bet some of you may think it is a little weird but it isn’t. The feeling you have is undescribable. Before you go to bed, I ask that you just talk to God just like if you are having a normal conversation with someone. Say all your prayers, needs, thanksgiving in a conversation format. It feels like a heavy load of burden just came off your back. I want to thank you guys for reading and GOD bless!
I feel for you. I went through that in high school myself because I was a bit shy and wasn’t good with coming up with witty come backs. If it’s any consolation high school isn’t forever and a lot of people feel awkward and unsure during those years. You’re certainly not alone either plenty of people go through that because something makes them different from the crowd and the crowd doesn’t like that. The crowd views differences as a weakness and attacks…it’s just human nature.

I’ll give you one peace of advice I never got though. People can only make you feel as bad as you let them. Don’t give them that power. Turn your experience into a positive and look for creative and positive ways to use the talents you have. I think my experience made me a far more caring person and lead me to work with abused women for example. If nothing else enduring abuse and surviving it makes you a much stronger person. Prayers and best of luck.
 
Thunder:

I’m glad i grew up before the years of facebook and cell phones. I know it doesn’t seem like it when you are in the middle of it, but you are only a couple years away from college and a chance to start over with all new friends. Then you can reinvent yourself however you want.

When i was in junior high, I was a big guy. I was teased about my weight -even by those I considered friends. One day, i figured out that they wanted a reaction out of me. One guy used to draw a picture of what i looked like from above. He would draw little circle inside a big circle - depicting my head against my body - with little marks for feet on the outside of the bigger circle. So one day i decided to not get upset. I took the piece of paper and said - he made a big mistake. Then i took a pen and drew a bigger circle and said - i think this would be more accurate. Do you know what - he got mad at me for taking his fun away. He stopped doing it. Every time someone made an insensitive remark, i just played along with it (or made a self-deprecating humorous remark) - and it went away.

Do the things you enjoy. join the clubs that interest you. You will make friends in those. Those teen years - so many are so self-conscious that many teens will do anything to try to fit in with their friends - even to their own detriment.

In my experience - once i went to college - and had to live with people 24 hours a day - people could no longer pretend to be something they were not. And i found out that a lot of people liked me for who i was - warts and all.
 
Hi thunder, I just wanted to point out the most beautiful part of your post:
Sometimes, before I go to bed, I like “talking” to God. I like explaining my problem and I just feel inside that He is there and listening. I bet some of you may think it is a little weird but it isn’t. The feeling you have is undescribable. Before you go to bed, I ask that you just talk to God just like if you are having a normal conversation with someone. Say all your prayers, needs, thanksgiving in a conversation format. It feels like a heavy load of burden just came off your back. I want to thank you guys for reading and GOD bless!
You just described the best friendship a person could possibly ever have, with the only One most important to have a friendship with.

I do not want to minimize your pain. But I do wish to point out the incredible gift you have been given. You see, very, very few people are drawn by God into a relationship like yours at your age.

Thank you for posting. You have many friends in Christ here. Many of us have been in similar situations, and many have eventually found the beauty in accepting God’s will for us, when paradoxically those around us could not. God bless you.
 
I want to thank all of you guys from the bottom of my heart for your advice. I did talk with my parents. I showed them this yahoo article about a girl who is going through the same thing as me. We agreed that I will have a nose job next summer ( I know some will think that is the wrong decision and I should just except the way I look- But please respect my decision). I didn’t tell them about the racial slurs though. I just explained the nose situation. Again, I want to thank you all. Thanks and God Bless!
 
Thunder,
I read all the posts, and it’s great that you talked to your parents. Sounds like things are looking up for you.
It just occurred to me that if Jesus were in your school, He would probably be teased as well, and probably for the same reason. He is Jewish, probably has a largish nose. So you’re in good company.
 
You are NOT a smart person because you have a 3.3 GPA???

I WISH I had had that GPA! I had a 3.2. I also took five college level classes Senior year (two A.P., the rest honors with promises from the teacher that they were college level), and I passed all of them. When I got my two A.P. scores back I got a five out of five on one test and a 4 out of 5 on another.

I’m not saying this to brag, believe me. But you should be proud of your GPA! To be smart doesn’t necessarily mean to be in the National Honor Society, and your GPA is very good indeed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top