Believe but does not like God

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaryandJoseph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love God because God made me. He loved me first and willed me into being. Some things he allows because he sees a greater good. He sees the whole picture. We do not. I do not question what happens, but totally trust in God, for He has a reason for everything. Bad things happen in my life, and in the lives of others, but nothing keeps me from loving God. His love for me is unconditional and through His grace, I persevere and accept life’s challenges. I enjoy all the blessings, and they do outweigh the challenges. He is a loving God. Through His Only Son, Jesus Christ, our sins are forgiven. We just need to ask. God never abandons us but continues to invite us into a closer relationship with Him. Attending Mass faithfully, making time for prayer in thanksgiving and asking for your daily needs, praying for others are a few ways to increase your faith and love of God. We all need to nurture our love for God. There will be someone who will welcome you and give you spiritual direction. Praying for you in your faith journey.
 
I have noticed over the years that the people I don’t know very well I tend not to like. And those that I get to know, I tend to like. It sounds to me like you don’t know him well enough yet to get to like him.

I can truthfully say, the more I find out about Jesus, the more my heart goes out to him, and the more I desire him.

St. Teresa of Avilla talked about a simple way to get to know him.
I had so little ability for picturing things in my mind that if I did not actually see a thing I could not use my imagination, as other people do, who can make pictures to themselves and so become recollected. Of Christ as Man I could only think: however much I read about His beauty and however often I looked at pictures of Him, I could never form any picture of Him myself. I was like a person who is blind, or in the dark: he may be talking to someone, and know that he is with him, because he is quite sure he is there - I mean, he understands and believes he is there – but he cannot see him. Thus it was with me when I thought of Our Lord. It was for this reason that I was so fond of pictures. Unhappy are those who through their own fault lose this blessing! It really looks as if they do not love the Lord, for if they loved Him they would delight in looking at pictures of Him, just as they take pleasure in seeing pictures of anyone else whom they love.
From this we might say to get a picture of the face of Jesus, a holy card would do, that appeals to you and look at it for a period of time in order that you might be stirred with thoughts of him. And do this frequently. It would also be good to say a decade of the sorrowful mystery of the Rosary when a short time permits, while concentrating on Jesus in that mystery and how he appeared in his sufferings.

Something else that is easy to put into practise is to say often the little prayer of Mother Teresa:
Jesus in my heart, I believe in your tender love for me, I love you.
May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.
 
Love is a human emotion,
No, it is not.

If all it were, were a human emotion, then God’s love is nothing but a human emotion and has no salvivic value.

God’s love is love in deed.

We can only love God with the help of his grace. It cannot be a “human emotion” in such a case, because God Himself helps us love him. If love is just a human emotion, why is it so meritorious to the beloved?

Ever hear the song “don’t you want me baby?” She claims to love the guy but she’s leaving him. Hmmmm!!!

How many wives leave their husbands while saying “I still love you”?

Love is not just a human emotion. Don’t be Tina Turner. We all saw what Ike did to her.
 
Love is a human emotion, I speak of human love which involves feelings as well as thought, if it is just feelings it is not love, if it is just thought, it is not human love, but angelic love, or human love without feeling. People mistakenly identify feelings alone as love, this is usually passion, feelings of pleasure, no commitment, not much thought or convictions. The emotions are made up of two parts, mental, and physical, which is appropriate to human nature. Christ’s love for us is spiritual, and our love for Him is spiritual,(mental and an act of the will) we never met Christ physically, or beheld Him in human form ( some Saints did) Our commitment to Christ is an act of the will without feelings. Spiritual love is the noblest kind To love God is to will what He wills, love of God with all our strength and abilities, and to love our neighbor as ourselves, which many times has nothing to do with feelings. The human will is the seat of human love, not our feelings. When you show your son love even if you receive no consolation or satisfaction, you are loving him in the noblest way, like Christ loves us, and we love Christ.
 
Love is a human emotion, I speak of human love which involves feelings as well as thought,
If you are talking about “luv” where people are consumed by their passions, this definition is correct.

But love, whether human or Divine, talking about actual, real, love, involves actions. The feeling may or may not be there. But the intent to do good, and the good action must be there.
 
God sees the sincerity in your heart…He sees that you want to form a relationship with Him. Don’t worry. He will do it.

I was a cradle Catholic all my life, but sadly, at the ripe old age of 38 I realized that I did not really ‘know’ God the Father. I knew about Jesus, and through the Catholic Charismatic Renewal I got to know the Holy Spirit. But, in seeing the tremendous love relationship that my friend, Emma, had with The Father…it made me see how all these years I had ignored Him myself.

So, I went home one evening and talked to Him, sincerely, in prayer. It went something like "Father, I’m sorry that I’ve never gotten to know You all these years. You must have been yearning for me to say at least ‘Hello’, but I don’t think I ever did that. But, if it’s not too late, I would love to have a relationship with You. Would that be possible?"

And then, God the Father took it over from there. He made Himself known to me through people and circumstances, and even in the directions my prayer life took off in. And I can happily testify that today “Abba” and I love each other very much.

Believe me…I am just a sinner…nobody special. If God the Father will allow me to have a loving relationship with Him…He will do that for you too. Just ask Him. You’ll be surprised at how wonderfully it will turn out. (and He won’t waste time doing it either)

I’ll pray for this.

God bless you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top