M
Marcin_L
Guest
How to speak to people who, according to their words, believe in God and generally approve what the Scripture teaches but vigorously hate the Catholic Church?
I have a friend, a good husband and father, who being once a faithful Catholic, has gone under the influence of the liberal circles and came to conclusion that one can actually believe in God but not necessarily the Church. He is convinced that the Catholic hierarchy is trying to secretly influence politics, the Vatican is a dodgy bunch of mafiosos and every priest is a pedophile.
He is generally keen on talking about it, so I decided to try and explain him how wrong he is. Any tips on how I should speak with him? I want to lay foundations for the further conversation and start from the papal infallibility, is it a good idea? I think another topic I may struggle with will be Sacred Tradition, how to defend that?
How can I save his soul?
I have a friend, a good husband and father, who being once a faithful Catholic, has gone under the influence of the liberal circles and came to conclusion that one can actually believe in God but not necessarily the Church. He is convinced that the Catholic hierarchy is trying to secretly influence politics, the Vatican is a dodgy bunch of mafiosos and every priest is a pedophile.
He is generally keen on talking about it, so I decided to try and explain him how wrong he is. Any tips on how I should speak with him? I want to lay foundations for the further conversation and start from the papal infallibility, is it a good idea? I think another topic I may struggle with will be Sacred Tradition, how to defend that?
How can I save his soul?