J
jilly4ski
Guest
Indeed it is birth control, and the church does not condemn controlling/spacing births (unless we are doing it for selfish reason/not serious reasons). It would be apart of what the church calls responsible parenthood. What the Church condemns is contraception, (ie those acts which are against conception, while still engaging in the marital act). Is not complete abstinence between a married couple birth control, if the are abstaining to prevent births?When I was married and didn’t think there was anything wrong with birth control, I still abhored the pill and felt weird using condoms with my husband. So I used the calendar method, which surprise, surprise, worked for me. When my friends would ask me what I was using for birth control, I would say “the calendar method”.
Anyway, my point is not to talk about my business but to say that NFP is still a birth control method. It’s just not artificial, IMHO.
I know it is accepted by the Church and probably if I were to remarry, I would use it. But I never could understand how people cannot see that it is still a method of birth control.