Benedict and Harry Potter

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDL75
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

My children are grown and dont need anything from you whatsoever -especailly you “prayers”
Ouch, put prayers in quotation marks. You know when I was a kid and a person said they would pray for you the response was typically “And I will keep you in my prayers as well” but I suppose "my children don’t need your ‘prayers’ " is also a decent reply…

Aim high 👍
 
And I think senior members would do well not to get so rapped up in little trappings of policy. They might also be wise to note that the recent Forums crash caused some members to lose their accounts. Such members, then, had to re-register, and are appearing now as “new.”

I apologize for deviating, rather completely, from the topic, but I would just like to say that merely having posted whatever number of posts is deemed requisite for that coveted, revered, awe-inspiring, and, yea, nearly divine status of “senior member” does not speak a modicum of truth about anything but how voluminous a writer a person may be. Just look at TimOliv. He’s alsmost a senior member, and clearly has no idea what he’s talking about half the time, and is just a sarcastic SOB the rest of the time.

So, all ye senior members, shut up about who is posting what where and when, and just respond to the content as befits your own personal outlook on life and faith.
Touche
 
Im impressed–Ive never seen a member call someone an SOB and last unsuspended for more than a few minutes…

Moderators must be sleeping
I personally condone and accept my designation as an SOB by Paddy.

Moderators! I absolve my brother Paddy of his sins and dispense him from punishment!

(Worth a try, right?)
 
Well, me and TimOliv can throw the occasional jab and get along still because we’re in the same seminary class. I think there are worse slurs being thrown about on these threads than that fairly benign acronym. It stands for “Student of Botany,” and is our little joke, because we once joked with our rector that we should double major in philosophy and botany, just in case we ever need those skills. If you thought it meant anything else, you should get your mind out of the gutter.
 
Well, me and TimOliv can throw the occasional jab and get along still because we’re in the same seminary class. I think there are worse slurs being thrown about on these threads than that fairly benign acronym. It stands for “Student of Botany,” and is our little joke, because we once joked with our rector that we should double major in philosophy and botany, just in case we ever need those skills. If you thought it meant anything else, you should get your mind out of the gutter.
Not really knowing PopePaddy or TimOliv and too lazy to do the research on other posts, I’m glad you cleared that up.
 
Well, me and TimOliv can throw the occasional jab and get along still because we’re in the same seminary class. I think there are worse slurs being thrown about on these threads than that fairly benign acronym. It stands for “Student of Botany,” and is our little joke, because we once joked with our rector that we should double major in philosophy and botany, just in case we ever need those skills. If you thought it meant anything else, you should get your mind out of the gutter.
So you guys are kinda like Harry & Ron?

When i was in the Seminary we called each other worst than that.!
 
So you guys are kinda like Harry & Ron?

When i was in the Seminary we called each other worst than that.!
The Student of Botany gag actually is one of our more humorous ones. With it came a list of classes (some of which may even be real) such as:

Survey of Seeds
Advanced Botanical Studies
Introduction to Photosynthesis I
et al
 
Not to mention:

The Philosophy of Growing
Zen Botany
Advanced Topics in Botany and
Guided Independent Botanical Studies

You get the point. Indeed, there are worse things that we call each other, but we like to tone it down on the old Catholic Answer Fora (proper Latin grammar…)
 
******timoliv ******http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
As for the seminary “sorting all of this out” I have yet to find a (non-diocesan) seminary which regards exposing children to witchcraft (even in the context of fiction) as being too scrupulous. I’ll pray for you that your children.

estesbob forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

My children are grown and dont need anything from you whatsoever -especailly you “prayers”
Tim, If estesbob dosen’t need the prayers, and your still holding on to them, feel free to pray for my children and myself. 👍

U
 
General Reminder:

The charity level of this discussion appears to be deteriorating. Please self-edit for tone and content before clicking the “Submit” button. If the charity level does not improve, this thread will have to be locked. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
 
So does that mean our Harry Potter Book Burning Extravaganza is cancelled?

…I brought marshmallows and everything…
 
So does that mean our Harry Potter Book Burning Extravaganza is cancelled?

…I brought marshmallows and everything…
Ill start the ball rolling-heres my collection of Harry Potter Books:

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Children get distorted views whenever they read works of fiction. Doesn’t necessarily prove that Harry Potter’s evil; just that children need to be guided in separating fact from fiction.
Right… I have problems with the series, too, but the bottom line is that there are elements of Christian imagery within these tales–white stag, etc–and it is fiction, folks. I worry about where these kind of protestations will lead… Are the Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings the next books to be condemned or censored? Just makes me nervous… My daughter’s love for reading was perhaps sparked by the Harry Potter series.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top