Best Apologetic Book?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jinc1019
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jinc1019

Guest
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for the best Catholic apologetic available (aimed at Christians not in the Catholic Church). It’s especially important the book deals with papal authority (at the very least) and papal infallibility. Any suggestions?

-Justin
 
Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians” by Karl Keating, this book is still the best.

At 360 pages, one can think this is fairly comprehensive and one can research further points usually on the internet with a number of websites on Catholic Apologetics.
 
Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians” by Karl Keating, this book is still the best.

At 360 pages, one can think this is fairly comprehensive and one can research further points usually on the internet with a number of websites on Catholic Apologetics.
Great suggestion!
 
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for the best Catholic apologetic available (aimed at Christians not in the Catholic Church). It’s especially important the book deals with papal authority (at the very least) and papal infallibility. Any suggestions?

-Justin
Upon this rock by Steve Ray. He also has another book but I cannot recall the title at this time.
 
Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians” by Karl Keating, this book is still the best.

At 360 pages, one can think this is fairly comprehensive and one can research further points usually on the internet with a number of websites on Catholic Apologetics.
I need to pick up this book myself. Thanks for this.
 
What about The Father’s Know Best by Catholic Answers’ own Jimmy Akin? Nothing like showing non-Catholics what the earliest Christians believed about the papacy to open their eyes!
 
I’d second the suggestion for Catholicism and Fundamentalism if you’re looking at non-Catholic Christians.

Another good one is Kreeft and Tacelli’s Handbook of Catholic Apologetics. I’d say it’s geared more towards unbelievers, but there are still plenty of things in there that would address many of the Protestant objections to Catholicism as well.
 
Wow…where to begin?

I like the San Juan Catholic Seminars beginning apologetics series. It’s very reasonably priced and covers a lot.

John Martignoni is working on one that should be terrific (Bible Christian Society) but I’m not sure when it will be published. You can find each chapter so far in his latest Newsletters which are something worth subscribing to.

These, along with so much of what everyone else has suggested should go a long way to helping with this project. 👍
 
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for the best Catholic apologetic available (aimed at Christians not in the Catholic Church). It’s especially important the book deals with papal authority (at the very least) and papal infallibility. Any suggestions?

-Justin
It would help to know what kind of Christians you are thinking of. The more venomous anti-Catholics would benefit from Keating’s book. Others may fit Shea’s little book, Catholicism by Fr Barron, or Steve Ray’s, or any of a dozen Scott Hahn books.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top