M
MarcoPolo
Guest
Can anyone recommend the best, most complete book on all the stories, mysterious phenomenon, and life of Padre Pio?
Thanks!
Thanks!
I’ll second this book.http://www.tanbooks.com/shop_image/product/padr0115.jpg
Padre Pio The Stigmatist
By: Fr. Carty
Padre Pio The Stigmatist. Famous for the stigmata, Padre Pio (d. 1968) possessed many other miraculous gifts. Describes his reading of hearts, conversions, celestial perfume, prophetic insight, bilocation, cures, etc. 120 fascinating pictures. An all-time favorite of our customers! 368 pgs, PB (This product can also be purchased as part of the following set: Padre Pio Book Set)
tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/44/keywords/padre+pio/
HEREPadre Pio and America
By: Frank M. Rega
tanbooks.com/shop_image/product/padr2118.jpg http://www.tanbooks.com/shop_image/design/spacer.gif Padre Pio and America. Padre Pio developed a special love for America and Americans - to the point that he wished that all Americans would become his spiritual children.** (This book shows how we can still do so!) I**ncludes the fascinating life story of Padre Pio, with emphasis on his early years at San Giovanni Rotondo. From this remote mountain friary he became world famous and exercised unbelievable influence on the world. Covers his early work with Mary Pyle, and with the American GIs who came to visit him during WWII when his part of Italy was liberated. This book demonstrates his amazing sense of humor, his prayer and fasting, his uncanny knowledge of people, and his profound supernatural awareness. In sum, Padre Pio and America will instill a profound awe in readers over the impact a truly saintly priest can have on all who come into contact with him
I also read this one and would recommend it–very balanced approach to understanding his life and ministry—http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5317/3fd8124128a0ad8231f8301xp5.jpg
Padre Pio - The True Story
This was the first book I read on Padre Pio
I would recommend this