Best Man

  • Thread starter Thread starter andersonbd1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Christian (any Baptized person) has a moral obligation not to intentionally participate in the sin of another. Divorce and re-marriage violates Christ’s law which applies to ALL people, everywhere. (it’s not the Catholic Churches law)
Tell that to an Atheist.

It must be nice to sit in an ivory tower passing judgement on, and dictating to, everyone whose lives down measure up to an arbitrary standard. The fact is you either accept the teachings of the RCC or you don’t. If you want to tell a non-catholic that their lives are somehow derelict because they don’t believe what you believe then don’t be surprised when you don’t have any friends left.

It’s been said elsewhere in this forum on much the same subject: there is such a thing as being overly scrupulous in matters that are the preserve of others.
 
don’t be surprised when you don’t have any friends left.
It’s been said elsewhere in this forum on much the same subject: there is such a thing as being overly scrupulous in matters that are the preserve of others.
That’s why it’s already been said (I believe by brother sfo) that I’m not passing judgment on the other, he’s just saying that it’s my conscience that prevents me from participating.

Also, I’ve have plenty of Atheist friends and they know where I stand. I am compassionate towards them, but strong in my convictions. They respect me for standing for what I believe. I believe you garner less respect from people if they have to worry about you bending for them.
 
Tell that to an Atheist.

It must be nice to sit in an ivory tower passing judgement on, and dictating to, everyone whose lives down measure up to an arbitrary standard. The fact is you either accept the teachings of the RCC or you don’t. If you want to tell a non-catholic that their lives are somehow derelict because they don’t believe what you believe then don’t be surprised when you don’t have any friends left.

It’s been said elsewhere in this forum on much the same subject: there is such a thing as being overly scrupulous in matters that are the preserve of others.
You are understanding me. The fact is ALL people (who have heard the Gospel) either accept the teachings of CHRIST or they don’t, the supprise will come at the end of their life when they face Him and he asks why they didn’t follow HIS laws.
 
2 more resources:
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=167154

cuf.org/faithfacts/details_view.asp?ffID=137

Thanks for everyone’s help. I talked to my friend yesterday telling him I couldn’t participate as his best man, but that I’d still like to be there for him and that I wish the best for both of them. I said, “I hope you don’t take this personally”, and he replied, “I don’t see why I would”. This was one of the more difficult phone calls I’ve had to make, but it was the right thing. And I think he understands.
 
You are understanding me. The fact is ALL people (who have heard the Gospel) either accept the teachings of CHRIST or they don’t, the supprise will come at the end of their life when they face Him and he asks why they didn’t follow HIS laws.
To with my answer would be: when YOUR priests can refrain from fondling young boys in YOUR sacristies then they might have had some small shred of credibility lecturing everyone else about what they do in the privacy of THEIR bedrooms.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top