Best spiritual poets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Writer_for_God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Writer_for_God

Guest
Hi,
I want to focus a lot of my education and work vocation on promoting the study, comprehension, and writing of poetry. I want to know who are the best spiritual poets, who write poems on spiritual matters? Do you know names of good spiritual poets?
Thank you for any suggestions.
God bless.
 
I like Rumi:

“You’re water. We’re the millstone.
You’re wind. We’re dust blown up into shapes.
You’re spirit. We’re the opening and closing
of our hands. You’re the clarity.
We’re the language that tries to say it.
You’re joy. We’re all the different kinds of laughing.”
― Rumi, The Essential Rumi
 
Hi,
I want to focus a lot of my education and work vocation on promoting the study, comprehension, and writing of poetry. I want to know who are the best spiritual poets, who write poems on spiritual matters? Do you know names of good spiritual poets?
Thank you for any suggestions.
God bless.
Hardly Catholic, but as spiritual and mystical as they come, are the poems of William Blake.
 
Anything written by Fr. Frederick W. Faber (1814- 1863) is sheer poetry!!!
 
Anthony hopkins
Irish jesuit
Hi,
I want to focus a lot of my education and work vocation on promoting the study, comprehension, and writing of poetry. I want to know who are the best spiritual poets, who write poems on spiritual matters? Do you know names of good spiritual poets?
Thank you for any suggestions.
God bless.
 
St. Therese of Lisieux
St. John of the Cross
Both Carmelites and Doctors of the Church
🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top