T
The_Iambic_Pen
Guest
I was talking with a Catholic friend of mine about how the Church’s view is that masturbation is a mortal sin (soldiers have a tendency to openly discuss things others may consider taboo
). He agreed that this was indeed the Church’s teaching, but he went on to say, “Yes, but it also says it is better to spill your seed in the belly of a whore than spill it on the ground.” I was unable to find this passage in the Bible, and I was wondering if the Catholic Church ever taught anything resembling this. A Protestant friend had mentioned the same thing earlier. Neither one of them are very religious, and I have a feeling this is some sort of “urban legend.” My understanding is that both acts are wrong, as they take place outside of intercourse between a husband and wife.
I apologize if this question is a bit too explicit for the forum, and I assure you all I have no desire to offend anyone. I was just surprised by what he said, and I wondered if there was any basis for it whatsoever. Thank you and God bless!
I apologize if this question is a bit too explicit for the forum, and I assure you all I have no desire to offend anyone. I was just surprised by what he said, and I wondered if there was any basis for it whatsoever. Thank you and God bless!