Beyond Apologetics 101

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sir_Knight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sir_Knight

Guest
1 Peter 3:15 tells us that we should be ready, willing and able to defend our faith. However, this and this is so twisted … how does one even begin to address it?
 
Unless you’re ready to write a book countering every crank anti-Catholic charge, on a personal level, you have to answer one challenge at a time, as God gives you occasion to do. You are not obligated to address every voluminous scree out there.
 
Get a website! The internet is a wonderful vehicle for Catholics to use to explain our faith.

My website cost about $15.00 a month. That isn’t bad.

If you start a site then I will link to you in order to get you more traffic.
 
deb1,

I was actually wanting to tell you about your web hosting - $15/month is a bit overprice, most hosting now offers less than $10/month.

Anyway, I should not go further as it is off the thread’s topic. 😃
 
1 Peter 3:15 tells us that we should be ready, willing and able to defend our faith. However, this
and this is so twisted … how does one even begin to address it?Don’t waste time with it until someone comes along and offers one particular allegation.

Those are SDA propaganda and I have studied it and it generally has so little basis in reality as to make it more an example of bad fiction than religious apologetics.

My usual answer is …“Prove It!” and their response is usually either silence or muttering because the fact is that they cannot prove any of it.

Why?

Because it’s lies to begin with. Don’t lose much sleep about it.
Pax tecum,
 
deb1,

I was actually wanting to tell you about your web hosting - $15/month is a bit overprice, most hosting now offers less than $10/month.

Anyway, I should not go further as it is off the thread’s topic. 😃
Wow! You’ll have to pm me your webhost. I wouldn’t mind saving five bucks.🙂
 
Yes, as deb1 said, Seventh Day Adventist. They worship on the Jewish Saturday Sabbath. They believe that Emperor Constantine changed the day of worship to Sunday, and that Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast in Revelation. They also think that the Pope is the Whore of Babylon, etc. Years ago before I came Catholic, I almost bought into their tripe. I was reading one of their books by Ellen G. White (the founder of their church) and it sounded convincing until it started talking about William Miller. He was a man who believed the end of the world would come in 1843, and when that didn’t happen, some of his followers said that was when “Jesus began to purify the heavenly temple.” Seeing that the SDAs were based on a false prophet, I quickly lost interest in them.
They also believe that from Constantine time, there was an “underground church” that worshipped on the sabbath.
Check out the following thread:
forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=126973

A SDA was attempting to argue the SDA position. When myself and other Catholics challenged him, proving from early writings that Sunday worship was done from the beginning of the church and asking him for historical proof of these “underground Christians.” (BTW, E.G. White’s book uses the Albigensians and Waldensians as examples of these, but neither group observed the Sabbath, and the Albigensians were recycled Manicheans). He never attempted to refute our claims, just did a song and dance.
 
Thanks Robert.
Wow! You’ll have to pm me your webhost. I wouldn’t mind saving five bucks.🙂
PowWeb.com offers … * 40 Gig (that’s 40,000 meg) of storage space.
  • 800 Gig (800,000 meg) of monthly transfer bandwidth.
  • For $5.77 a month!
 
You’re welcome.

BTW, I skimmed the first link (was too revolted to look at the second link) and noticed they couldn’t even spell catechumen right! :mad:
 
Hi CM,

I thought the only the JWs taught that Jesus is the Archangel Michael…
 
Hey CM,

I the thread I linked in post #9, a fellow named Servus claims that the ECF “prove” that the Church worshipped on both days. Since you’re a bit more informed on the ECF than I am, I could use your help in refuting them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top