"Bible beleiving Church"

  • Thread starter Thread starter JED8643
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Catholics are Christians and some are not.

Belonging to a religious organization doesn’t make you a Christian any more than belonging to AAA makes you a car.
PJ just what makes one catholic a christian and the other not one?
 
Sorry [childish name calling ommited], all Catholics are Christians in the fullest sense of the word.
I’m sure you believe that but that isn’t what the Bible teaches. Infact, Paul tells us in his letter to the Corinthians that there are members in that church (which, you believe is the Catholic church) who are not Christians.
 
I’m sure you believe that but that isn’t what the Bible teaches. Infact, Paul tells us in his letter to the Corinthians that there are members in that church (which, you believe is the Catholic church) who are not Christians.
Yeah, the Catholic Church wrote the bible so it has the authority to interpret it.

You might want to read about that sometime instead of assuming it fell from the sky.
 
1John 5: 11And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life.

So this does agree with John 6, and you thus agree in the Real Presence of the Eucharist… ???
No. Fortunately, these two passages have nothing to do with one another.

Could you please show where the 1 John passage says anything at all about your eucharist? Or is this just another of your “self-interpretations”?
 
Yeah, the Catholic Church wrote the bible so it has the authority to interpret it.

You might want to read about that sometime instead of assuming it fell from the sky.
If the Catholic church wrote the Bible, then how do you explain that 2/3 of the Bible was written at least 400 years before the Catholic church was established?
 
If the Catholic church wrote the Bible, then how do you explain that 2/3 of the Bible was written at least 400 years before the Catholic church was established?
Maybe you missed sunday school. The Catholic Church was started when Jesus was around.

Might want to start with Matthew 16:18.

Also, refer to basic history. Try it, it helps.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the bishop. On the other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God. Thus, whatever is done will be safe and valid. — Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8, J.R. Willis translation.

👍
 
I mean that the Catholic church routinely teaches things that are not Biblical, ignores things that are, and puts it’s traditions and the opinions of “early church fathers” over scripture.
That is false. Sacred Tradition does not contradict sacred Scripture. The Church does not put the opinions of the early Church Fathers over Scripture. At the time of the Church Fathers there was no Bible. Sure, the 27 books of the New Testament were around, but they were not put into the collection that we call the Bible. Many early Christians debated for the first few centuries on what writings were inspired or not.

Read the CCC. You will see that nothing in there contradicts the Bible.
I have heard many non-Catholic Christians use the term essential and non-essential. For example, we, baptists for example, believe with the presbyterians when it comes to the essential doctrine but not the non-essentials.
What non-essential doctrines do baptists and presbyterians differ?
Oh, no. The Catholic church absolutely does teach that there are essential doctrines. They’re just not the same essential doctrines and the Bible’s essential doctrines.
Tell me the difference between the Bible’s essential doctrines and the Catholic Church’s essential doctrines. You act as if there is a list in the appendix of the Bible.
Asking questions by proxy defeats the purpose of putting him on ignore.
I’m going to assume that you cannot answer this question.
 
In case you forgot, St. Ignatius was a disciple of St. John the Apostle…so I think he is a bit more reliable than 21st century Protestantism.
 
In case you forgot, St. Ignatius was a disciple of St. John the Apostle…so I think he is a bit more reliable than 21st century Protestantism.
Ignatius is certainly welcome to his opinion, but an opinion is all it is.
 
So then, you believe that the authors of the Old Testament books were Catholics?
Who claimed that? I would say, at a minimum, they were the people of God, Isreal, and now the New Isreal is the Catholic Church.
 
Because of Dan-Boy’s personal attacks against me in two other threads, he’s on my ignore list and I won’t be responding to his questions.
I find it ironic that Pastor Jim thinks I am personally attacking him by calling his beliefs heretical, yet he mocks my screen name by calling me boy.
Pot meet kettle.

His character speaks for itself.
Since I appear to be on his ignore list perhaps someone can quote me so he will read it.
 
That is false. Sacred Tradition does not contradict sacred Scripture.
I disagree. There are many traditions you hold that contradict scripture.
Read the CCC. You will see that nothing in there contradicts the Bible.
Actually, the CCC shows several things that contradict the Bible.

Purgatory, for instance.
What non-essential doctrines do baptists and presbyterians differ?
None that I know of.

But it really doesn’t matter, since that isn’t what determines what the essentials are.
I’m going to assume that you cannot answer this question.
You can assume anything you like. I don’t really care.
 
If the Catholic church wrote the Bible, then how do you explain that 2/3 of the Bible was written at least 400 years before the Catholic church was established?
which is still many many moons before any “bible beleiving” churches existed…of course the OT was written before Christ…then the other 1/3 was written by catholics after Christ’s passion and resurection…then the church sifted all the writtings and declared the canon of scripture…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top