"Bible beleiving Church"

  • Thread starter Thread starter JED8643
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And once you learn the Bible, you become and ex-Catholic.
You’ll also more likely become an ex-evolutionist, according to what I hear on YouTube. Biblical Fundamentalism sure sounds like the religion of reason that’s for sure. :rolleyes:
 
Pastor Jim

I have asked many question questions but you have answered only one, the essential and non-essential doctrine question. Even then, you only partially answered my question.

I have tried to answer your questions as best I can. If there is a question that I do not have the answer to I will find it for you. You accuse Catholics on this forum of:
And I wish there was a Catholic here who was interested in sincerely discussing an issue and not just looking for an excuse to throw rocks at non-Catholics.
Yet I do not see any sincerity in any of your posts. I see a whole lot of anti-Catholic rhetoric. No one here in my opinion is anti-non-Catholic Christian. I have had great discussions with Protestant Christians on this forum.

How do you expect to have discussions with Catholics when you make posts such as:
And once you learn the Bible, you become and ex-Catholic.
and…
Not in the superstitious sense that you do, no
on Catholic interpretation of John 20:22-23?
 
And I wish there was a Catholic here who was interested in sincerely discussing an issue and not just looking for an excuse to throw rocks at non-Catholics.
not throwing rocks…

rather sharing the faith which was given to the Rock, Peter, to protect. Only his office was given the authority to feed and teach.

Since you claim to belong (lead?) a small Baptist church, then you understand you have no authority traceable to the Lord. Thus, your flock, in spite of the degrees you claim, is placing their trust first in you.

That is a big difference between the Catholic Church, and all the faith communities that struggle outside the Church.

In an earlier post you objected to the use of faith community. I understand that the common use of the word church today results in anyone, anywhere, attaching it to their ministry. So be it.

But the first time Church was used in the NT was by the Lord, Himself in Matt 16:18 as He told us all that He would

build My church… He does it, it is His, and it is singular.

History attests to the fact that the word Church only applied to that group which was united in faith and found in the Catholic Church.

until the reformers decided that they and their offshoots had a better idea.

The Catholic Church is the original Bible Believing Church.

The Bible is a Catholic library of Books. The Bible comes from the Catholic Church.

If your group “comes from” the Bible, then it best come from the whole Bible within the proper and intened interpretation of the Scriptures. That would be the Catholic Church.

.
 
And I wish there was a Catholic here who was interested in sincerely discussing an issue and not just looking for an excuse to throw rocks at non-Catholics.
Well, considering the fact that Catholics created this forum and are letting you post here, I’d say that your comment is unwarranted and non-sensical
 
Since you claim to belong (lead?) a small Baptist church, then you understand you have no authority traceable to the Lord.
I disagree. The Bible is very clear that the office of pastor is given by authority traceable directly to God.
That is a big difference between the Catholic Church, and all the faith communities that struggle outside the Church.
Actually, we’re not struglling at all. We’re doing just fine without the Catholic church.
In an earlier post you objected to the use of faith community. I understand that the common use of the word church today results in anyone, anywhere, attaching it to their ministry. So be it.
The Bible describes a local assembly of believers gathered corporately for the preaching and teaching of God’s word, worship, accountability, and the use of the spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ as a church.

You can disagree with the Bible’s description all you like, but you’re arguing with God, not with me.
But the first time Church was used in the NT was by the Lord, Himself in Matt 16:18 as He told us all that He would

build My church… He does it, it is His, and it is singular.

History attests to the fact that the word Church only applied to that group which was united in faith and found in the Catholic Church.
You seem to place an awful lot of emphasis on history.
If your group “comes from” the Bible, then it best come from the whole Bible within the proper and intened interpretation of the Scriptures. That would be the Catholic Church.
Actually, our group comes from Christ.
 
Well, considering the fact that Catholics created this forum and are letting you post here, I’d say that your comment is unwarranted and non-sensical
I would disagree; constructive discussion between Christians of different beliefs can be a very good thing (IMO). I do find this site rather aggresive, and I don’t think that really helps anyone.
 
Well, considering the fact that Catholics created this forum and are letting you post here, I’d say that your comment is unwarranted and non-sensical
So then, because this is a Catholic website, insults and attacks by Catholics…what…don’t count?
 
I would disagree; constructive discussion between Christians of different beliefs can be a very good thing (IMO). I do find this site rather aggresive, and I don’t think that really helps anyone.
You think this site is aggressive? I offer you a challenge: Sign up at a protestant forum, pretend you are a Catholic, and post a few Cathoilic ideas, then watch what follows. If you’re lucky, you will be called an idolator, a Mariolator, a pope worshipper, a pagan, the whore of Babylon, and more. Or, more likely, you will just be immediately banned for posting Catholic ideas. I know: I’ve been there and done that.,

Sorry my friend: We are far more tolerant of protestant ideas than protestants are of ours. Those are THE FACTS
So then, because this is a Catholic website, insults and attacks by Catholics…what…don’t count?
Have you really been attacked? Or insulted? Please link to one: I’d like to see
 
I disagree. The Bible is very clear that the office of pastor is given by authority traceable directly to God.

Please quote chapter and verse. Include the parts where the authority is given at random, as opposed to Peter and the Apostles and only thru them to others.

Actually, we’re not struglling at all. We’re doing just fine without the Catholic church.

Which Baptist group would that be? Two miles from my home there are two Baptist congregations, separated by three residential homes… and a lot of theology.

The Bible describes a local assembly of believers gathered corporately for the preaching and teaching of God’s word, worship, accountability, and the use of the spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ as a church.

And it could only refer to the only “local assembly of believers” in existance… the original and ONLY Church founded by Jesus Christ… and that ain’t you.

You can disagree with the Bible’s description all you like, but you’re arguing with God, not with me.

Your un-authoritative ordinations are the prime example of “arguing with God”.😊

You seem to place an awful lot of emphasis on history.

Yep… especially Salvation History.

Actually, our group comes from Christ.

Prove it.
 
As usual, this is not true. I have stated that I am a pastor of a small Baptist church many times.
Perhaps you could post the links to those threads. I have seen you asked many times without response.

An alternate solution is to update your profile.

Which Baptist affiliation do you hold? As you know, many different groups call themselves Baptist but differ on many points. Specificity helps us to address your community without having to craft endless interrogatories.

You, on the other hand, only need to refer to the Catechism to find what the Church teaches and what we believe. It makes for far more productive discussion when we know which tradition you hold to.
 
You’ll also more likely become an ex-evolutionist, according to what I hear on YouTube. Biblical Fundamentalism sure sounds like the religion of reason that’s for sure. :rolleyes:
I have never been an evolutionist and I’m catholic
 
Please quote chapter and verse. Include the parts where the authority is given at random, as opposed to Peter and the Apostles and only thru them to others.
Another strawman. I never said it was random.
And it could only refer to the only “local assembly of believers” in existance… the original and ONLY Church founded by Jesus Christ… and that ain’t you.
We fit the description given in scripture. Sorry that bugs you so.
Yep… especially Salvation History.
And therein lies the difference: your authority is history. Ours is the word of God.
Prove it.
See Acts 2.
 
And therein lies the difference: your authority is history. Ours is the word of God.
The biggest problem you have is there is no where that says the Bible is the Authority alone, that is outside of Scripture idea hence no Protestants truly follow the Bible alone.
 
Perhaps you could post the links to those threads. I have seen you asked many times without response.

An alternate solution is to update your profile.

Which Baptist affiliation do you hold? As you know, many different groups call themselves Baptist but differ on many points. Specificity helps us to address your community without having to craft endless interrogatories.
And if I told you that, you’d want to know the name of it and if I told you that, you’d want to know where it is and if I told you that, you’d want a list of all of the members and if I told you that, you’d want to know what they do for a living and if I told you that, you’d want to know what kind of car they drive.

Enough of this idiotic infinite regress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyb
The biggest problem you have is there is no where that says the Bible is the Authority alone, that is outside of Scripture idea hence no Protestants truly follow the Bible alone.

I keep trying to explain to you people that we don’t believe that the Bible is the only authority and you keep on insisting that we do.

You’re absolutely right! There is no place that says that the Bible is the only authority. That’s why we don’t believe or practice that. Why should I have to defend something we don’t even teach?
Nor do you provbide the scripture to prove your opinion
And why should I have to prove something I never said?
So, you have bishops, deacons, and priests?
We don’t have priests because the Bible tells us that we are under a new covenant and Hebrews tells us that there are no more priests.

We do have deacons and, while they’re not called bishops, we do have men who perform the role of bishops.
And… I responed to your comment on my placing emphasis on history. History supports the Catholic Church, it does not replace it. Your group has very little “history” and even less authority. You know it, and Scripture will not support your erroneous views.
I disagree. We have 2,000 years of history and another several thousand of history in the Old Testament.
How do you reconcile this
What’s to reconcile? Saying that something is an authority is not the same as saying it is the only authority.
It is what they are doing for their eternal life that has us all concerned. Following you seems to be an unwise decision.
That’s why I would never tell them to follow me for their eternal life.
I wonder if any of them see you on this forum. Maybe that is why you are so secretive…so they will not recognize you.
It wouldn’t make sense to be secretive at this point when they already know what I believe.
 
Another strawman. I never said it was random.
Nor do you provbide the scripture to prove your opinion

We fit the description given in scripture. Sorry that bugs you so.
So, you have bishops, deacons, and priests?

And therein lies the difference: your authority is history. Ours is the word of God.
all authority comes from God… and is received as HE sees fit. Otherwise it is usurped, and invalid. Yours is usurped and invalid.

And… I responed to your comment on my placing emphasis on history. History supports the Catholic Church, it does not replace it. Your group has very little “history” and even less authority. You know it, and Scripture will not support your erroneous views.

See Acts 2.
The book of Acts was written by the Catholic convert, St Luke, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It include some HISTORY of the early Church… The Way… which came to be called Catholic (not Baptist) by the turn of the century.
 
The biggest problem you have is there is no where that says the Bible is the Authority alone, that is outside of Scripture idea hence no Protestants truly follow the Bible alone.
I keep trying to explain to you people that we don’t believe that the Bible is the only authority and you keep on insisting that we do.

You’re absolutely right! There is no place that says that the Bible is the only authority. That’s why we don’t believe or practice that and that’s why it is so utterly moronic to expect me to constantly have to defend something we’ve never done.
Nor do you provbide the scripture to prove your opinion
And why should I have to prove something I never said?
We fit the description given in scripture. Sorry that bugs you so.
So, you have bishops, deacons, and priests?
We don’t have priests because the Bible tells us that we are under a new covenant and Hebrews tells us that there are no more priests.

We do have deacons and, while they’re not called bishops, we do have men who perform the role of bishops.
And… I responed to your comment on my placing emphasis on history. History supports the Catholic Church, it does not replace it. Your group has very little “history” and even less authority. You know it, and Scripture will not support your erroneous views.
I disagree. We have 2,000 years of history and another several thousand of history in the Old Testament.
 
And if I told you that, you’d want to know the name of it and if I told you that, you’d want to know where it is and if I told you that, you’d want a list of all of the members and if I told you that, you’d want to know what they do for a living and if I told you that, you’d want to know what kind of car they drive.

Enough of this idiotic infinite regress.
I’ll let you respond to this…
You can assume anything you like. I don’t really care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top