Bible help

  • Thread starter Thread starter GEN273
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GEN273

Guest
Could someone please tell me their thoughts on the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible? I am searching for a complete study bible and was told this one was the best for the NT study.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 
Could someone please tell me their thoughts on the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible? I am searching for a complete study bible and was told this one was the best for the NT study.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I bought it when it came out and think it is put together real well. It has plenty of notes and supplemental information and is complete as far as study bibles go. But it only covers the NT—the paperback is cheap so I would suggest picking up the paperback and then also buying a Haydock Douay-Rheims which has plenty of notes for both the OT and NT. The Haydock Bible is about as orthodox as you can get. You can check it out at www.veritasbible.com
 
Could someone please tell me their thoughts on the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible? I am searching for a complete study bible and was told this one was the best for the NT study.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
humm… no I would not say it is the best. But it is a good one.

I would say you should get three:
  1. The Navarre Bible (there is even a New Testament Expanded edition…in one book…which is a new work to go along side the standard editions…or it can stand alone)
  2. The Ignatius as you mention.
  3. The Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (which is in the works…4 done so far…another due in Dec)
These three are “different” from one another and do not really compete with each other…but are very complimentary …they go well together.
 
Could someone please tell me their thoughts on the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible? I am searching for a complete study bible and was told this one was the best for the NT study.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It is very good, and for the money it is a steal 👍 I bought the bonded leather version, it comes with gold gilded pages and two ribbon markers (leather version only).
The pager is a heavier gage and the is nearly no bleed thru from the other pages. The text of the Bible is the RSV-2CE and is in a larger font size than the regular Ignatius Bible. But the trade off for larger print, thicker paper and extensive notes is a larger size New Testament (10 1/2 x 7 1/4). The notes are Catholic theological based notes and are orthodox, they contain references to the Church Fathers and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. There is a concise concordance and 8 pages of biblical maps in the back of the N.T… I highly recommend it!
 
I would also suggest the Navarre Bible. It has awesome notes about the scripture being read plus it is not only NT but some OT as well. Plus it has references to the CCC and fathers of the church as well! I have the gospels and acts and it helps tremendously!
 
Thanks to all that replied. It is much appreciated. I will probably buy the paperbak version.-

Thanks again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top