Bible types, scripture being fulfilled

  • Thread starter Thread starter pollycarp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pollycarp

Guest
Bible types seem like a rehearsal to me. I’ve just been wondering about this, and why it seems like there is a sort of practice event before the real thing, like Melchizedek and the bread and wine or Moses raising up the serpent, and Jesus saying he will be raised up.

I don’t know that much about the bible, but I thought of this when I read in the Gosepl of Thomas that the “kingdom of heaven is like a man who had to kill an important man with a sword. In his own house he drew his sword and stuck it into the wall in order to find out if his hand could carry through. Then he slew the powerful man.” Like a practice run. Why would the kingdom of heaven be like this? Thanks for any answers.
 
Bible types seem like a rehearsal to me. I’ve just been wondering about this, and why it seems like there is a sort of practice event before the real thing, like Melchizedek and the bread and wine or Moses raising up the serpent, and Jesus saying he will be raised up.

I don’t know that much about the bible, but I thought of this when I read in the Gosepl of Thomas that the “kingdom of heaven is like a man who had to kill an important man with a sword. In his own house he drew his sword and stuck it into the wall in order to find out if his hand could carry through. Then he slew the powerful man.” Like a practice run. Why would the kingdom of heaven be like this? Thanks for any answers.
The “Gospel of Thomas” is not inspired writing. It is not scripture.
 
The “Gospel of Thomas” is not inspired writing. It is not scripture.
I agree.

Scripture: Matthew 13:44-46

44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

My interpretation:
kingdom of heaven is so nice place,that have for us the most value. We do not appreciate then nothing on Earth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top