Bible Verse about Friendship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Catydidd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catydidd

Guest
I went to the Stations of the Cross at my parish today, and at the sixth station, a verse about friendship was read. Does anyone have any idea where I could find it in the Bible? I know this is a vague request, but it was all about friendship. I can’t remember any more than that; I forgot to write it down before I left. Thanks for your help!
 
What sort of Bible verse? David and Jonathan? Some kind of proverb? A Bible story? A warning against false friends?

You might just want to go to a Bible site and search for the word “friend” or “friendship”, if you don’t remember anything else that’s a pointer.
 
Perhaps it was one of these?

Sirach 6
14 A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure.
15 A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth.
16 A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds;
17 For he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself.

Ecclesiastes 4
9 Two are better than one: they get a good wage for their labor.
10 If the one falls, the other will lift up his companion. Woe to the solitary man! For if he should fall, he has no one to lift him up.
11 So also, if two sleep together, they keep each other warm. How can one alone keep warm?
12 Where a lone man may be overcome, two together can resist. A three-ply cord is not easily broken.
 
It was Sirach 6! Thank you so much! It was stunning and I wanted to email it to one of my best friends. Thanks!
 
Sirach 6 is read at our Stations as well and I find that verse so beautiful and so true as well. I love it.

Blessings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top