BibleGlo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bensalem
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bensalem

Guest
Does anybody have any experience with Glo? I’d be interested in hearing feedback. I was considering buying it, except that they don’t have a mac version, yet- then I saw that it doesn’t seem to have a Catholic edition translation, no apocrypha, no reading plan based on a lectionary, etc.

It looks like it could have so much promise if not for that! Imagine it with Catechism cross-references? Or the writings of the Doctors of the Church? Or modern Catholic theologians like Scott Hahn?

Does anyone know if Zondervan has any plans to have a Catholic edition, or maybe a Catholic mod pack? Or do they not feel the Catholic market is worth serving? :confused:

www.bibleglo.com
 
I guess the lack of replies means the answer to my question is “no?”

I wonder if Zondervan would respond positively to a number of us contacting them and asking for such features, or a Catholic edition.
 
Maybe I’ve posted this in the wrong area? I thought the discussions on translation types in this area was pertinent, so I posted here. Maybe there’s another area that’s more fitting?
 
I think you posted it in the right area.I havent heard of this product. Others maybe havent either.
 
Thanks, Kristan! That’s probably the case.

I left a link in there so folks could see what I was talking about. There’s a YouTube clip on the front page showing it “in action.” It looks pretty cool to me, but demos have a way of looking better than the actual product. Still, if there were a Catholic edition/version, I’d be much more inclined to buy it, which is why I wonder if Zondervan would respond if enough people requested.

The link again: bibleglo.com

I’d love to hear what anybody thinks about it!
 
It is kinda cool, BUT, I don’t think Zondervan would do a Catholic Bible because they are Protestant through and through (not in a bad way, per se), and I half think that that is so cool for Protestants because the Bible is all they have. That all is cool, but, that’s why we have the Rosary and Stations of the Cross.
 
It seems as though there is no specifically “Catholic” Bible study software on the market . . . at least nothing that compares to BibleGlo or Logos, at least none that I could find. Hopefully with a new emphasis on Scripture within the Church there will be many people producing different Bible study software for us Catholics that rivals BibleGlo and Logos . . . that’s MY mission, anyway! 👍
 
It seems as though there is no specifically “Catholic” Bible study software on the market . . . at least nothing that compares to BibleGlo or Logos, at least none that I could find. Hopefully with a new emphasis on Scripture within the Church there will be many people producing different Bible study software for us Catholics that rivals BibleGlo and Logos . . . that’s MY mission, anyway! 👍
And may you succeed in it, Zach!
 
Alas: iMac users are limited to Logos when it comes to fully functioning Bible software.
Alas #2: It seems that BibleGlo is neither Catholic or iMac friendly. Perhaps because we Catholics do not purchase enough Bible software to make it financially worthwhile
 
What do I need to run Glo?
  • Microsoft Windows® XP, Vista®, or Windows 7 OS with latest service pack installed. (required)
  • An internet connection. (required)
  • At least 18GB of free hard disk space. (required)
  • Dual Core Processor. (required)
  • 1GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP, or 2GB RAM for Vista or
    Windows 7. (required)
  • ATI or NVIDIA video graphics card with Microsoft DirectX 9 support. (required)
  • DVD Rom Drive. (required)
Will Glo run on a Mac?
Currently, Glo only runs on a computer with a Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 operating system. There will be a version of Glo that runs on a MAC operating system in 2011. Please check this web site periodically for specific availability information, or sign-up for updates.

http://www.bibleglo.com/faq/
 
It seems as though there is no specifically “Catholic” Bible study software on the market . . . at least nothing that compares to BibleGlo or Logos, at least none that I could find. Hopefully with a new emphasis on Scripture within the Church there will be many people producing different Bible study software for us Catholics that rivals BibleGlo and Logos . . . that’s MY mission, anyway! 👍
What have the apologists at Catholic Answers said about BibleGlo? What have Steve Ray, Scott Hahn, Mary Healy etc said about it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top