BiIl would ban abortions of 'gay' fetuses

• Thread starter Thread starter jdnation
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdnation

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43058

Let’s imagine there really was a homosexual gene. And a bill like this really would be taken seriously and passed, so any parent that wanted to abort their child would be disallowed because the baby is gay, even though the parent wants to abort it for a purely different reason, but they aren’t allowed to because the doctor believes it’s really motivated by discrimination against gays.

Seems gays are getting special rights over regular people, they’re a class of their own… even the gay unborn have a right to life whereas hetereosexual babies can be killed as if they didn’t matter at all.

Oh my gosh - did you find this in the trash can at the national inquierer? Or is that where the “bill” came from?

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

40.png
Thomas2:
Oh my gosh - did you find this in the trash can at the national inquierer? Or is that where the “bill” came from?
Seems to simply be a stunt by someone simply to get their name in the paper, but could you imagine something like this actually being taken seriously? Honestly I wouldn’t put it past some people to think it’s a good idea.

I think it’s a great idea, now we need a bill banning the abortion of heterosexual and transgendered fetuses, and we’ve got it covered. Have to do it, you know, can’t discriminate.

Mmmmm…this is a little too frivolous. I love Rush but this legislator shouldn’t be wasting people’s time with this based on one of his cockamamie gags. Namely because the “gay gene” idea is purely theoretical. But I do believe there are some creative legislative ways to pick away at Roe nonetheless.

Any such bill would be unconstitutional under Roe v. Wade.

40.png
jdnation:
Seems gays are getting special rights over regular people, they’re a class of their own… even the gay unborn have a right to life whereas hetereosexual babies can be killed as if they didn’t matter at all.
Jesus said that he DID NOT come to abolish the Law & the Prophets. The Law of Moses states that homosexuals should be put to death.

In a world ruled by satan & his homosexual cohorts, we that trully love & obey God ARE a minority. Sad, but true.

Dj,

are you advocating that homosexuals be killed? you should be careful with your wording. while the Church does indeed teach that homosexual ACTS are mortal sins, we have to make sure to make a distinction: a “homosexual” is one who commits homosexual acts. There are many men and women who love Christ and obey His Church who struggle with same-sex attractions. the Church calls these people to a life of celibacy. Please be more careful in what you post, or you may make these people–the faithful who struggle with same-sex attractions but are celibate as the Church teaches–you may make these people feel as though thet deserve to die. many of them already have suicidal thoughts. have love and mercy towards them. they struggle with sin like we all do. again, i want to make it clear that i AM NOT saying it’s ok to engage in homosexual acts. but struggling with same-sex attractions through no fault of one’s own, and dealing with it by praying to Christ and living a chaste life is NOT a sin. they are not homosexuals because they do not practice homosexuality.

40.png
UKcatholicGuy:
Dj,

are you advocating that homosexuals be killed? you should be careful with your wording. while the Church does indeed teach that homosexual ACTS are mortal sins, we have to make sure to make a distinction: a “homosexual” is one who commits homosexual acts. There are many men and women who love Christ and obey His Church who struggle with same-sex attractions. the Church calls these people to a life of celibacy. Please be more careful in what you post, or you may make these people–the faithful who struggle with same-sex attractions but are celibate as the Church teaches–you may make these people feel as though thet deserve to die. many of them already have suicidal thoughts. have love and mercy towards them. they struggle with sin like we all do. again, i want to make it clear that i AM NOT saying it’s ok to engage in homosexual acts. but struggling with same-sex attractions through no fault of one’s own, and dealing with it by praying to Christ and living a chaste life is NOT a sin. they are not homosexuals because they do not practice homosexuality.
I am one of those people that has temptations of a homosexual nature, & I am not saying “kill gays”, but I am not going to pretend for a second that homosexaulity is just a sexual act. Anyone that professes to be a homosexual is in fact trying to make a liar out of God. GOD DOES NOT MAKE PEOPLE GAY & NO ONE IS BORN GAY. I put no faith in science, I put faith in the Word of God. The Word is eternal, science is a flash in the pan.

Temptations towards homosexuality is just that, temptation. Jesus tells us to resist the devil & he will flee from us, so for all the people that “struggle” & have this feeling or that I ask where is your strength? In your feelings? In your own perverted desires? If you really “love” God as you may claim, then why are you like a dog that eats it’s own vomit or a swine that returns to it’s slop? I include myself here. Unlike most people I know exactly why I sin & what fruits I will reap from my disobedience, but I will not make excuses for any of it.

Let’s not be so quick to pity these people (myself included), who “struggle” with homosexual feelings. They ( I ) don’t need special treatment, but a deeper spiritual awakening. For some people to say “woe is me” is just a crutch & suicidal tendencies (of which I have experienced since the age of 13) are nothing more than feelings & weakness. I admit when I fall & fail & give in to temptation, but I don’t cater to anyones pity party, for whatever reasons. Compassion is one thing, but let’s be real.

I quoted scripture & trully feel that the “eye for an eye” approach to certain crimes should be applied, but again I am not saying “kill gays” or that they should kill themselves, but they should strive to “kill” the instances where they fall into temptations & put to death their own desires. St. Paul said that we who are in Christ have put to death our former selves & put on a New self, this applies to everyone that claims to “love” God.

Jesus said that if we do not deny our very selves then we are not worthy of being called his disciple. We are all sinners, but let’s not make excuses for our sinfulness. I don’t.

Dj,

thanks for the reply, you make a strong point. I want to point out that I’m posting this question in all seriousness–I’m not being sarcastic. It’s hard to tell sometimes when reading print because you can’t hear someone’s tone of voice, but I’m asking this in all seriousness: what do you think about the Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality? (see Catechism paragraphs #2357, 2358, 2359 for Church’s teaching). Is the Church correct in what it teaches? From what I gather, the Church basically says that it’s not sure whether or not people are born gay, but regardless, people with homosexual attractions should be chaste. Is my understanding of Church teaching correct?

Again, Dj, I want to emphasize that I am asking this question in all sincerity, I’m purely wondering. Thank you for responding to my first post and I look forward to your response to this question.

God bless!

[2357](javascript:openWindow(‘cr/2357.htm’)😉 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.
The Cathechism doesn’t make clear whether or not God “made” persons homosexual, but does say that act of homosexuality is “disordered”. I understand this to say that this “disorder” is sinful.
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial.*They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
I believe that the Church has been able to see a difference between homosexual tendencies & homosexual actions, which I understand, but for a person to claim to be “homosexual” is to say that they can not change the way they are & for them to claim to take pride in homosexual actions, which is not something that comes from God. I have homosexual tendencies & have had since that age of 10, but that does not make me a homosexual because I do not have relations with the same sex.
[2359](javascript:openWindow(‘cr/2359.htm’)😉 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
This is a little disturbing. Again, I do not believe that a person is born homosexual, & the Church does not make it clear, but does call people that claim to be “homosexual” to chastity, which is good.

*I don’t believe that this teaching is wrong, but I personally have no respect for any person that choses to live a lifestyle that contradicts the teaching of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back