Bill Maher apologized for his comments, but why were you guys so offended and yet no one mentions how the cartoon show called Family Guy on Fox broadcasting channel showed a cartoon version of Jesus getting out of the shower and a baby watching him dry off VERY slowly.
Where’s your petition for the boycotting of that show?
Ryan29, I have to disagree with you.
#1. He NEVER apologized. Could you find me one quote where he even came close to saying, I’m sorry, or, I apologize for offending millions & lying about another person? Like a coward, he could barely admit he was wrong. He said, technically, you Catholics are right because he was forced into the Hitler youth thing.
OK, that’s akin to saying that Mrs. Smith had sex with John Doe, when in fact, John Doe raped Mrs. Smith; & then claiming that technically I was wrong because John Doe had forced himself on Mrs. Smith.
#2. In his so-called, non-existent apology, he just continued the lies & insults. It is flat-out wrong to say that Pope Benedict was in charge of priests during the sexual abuse crisis. He had another position at the time. He only became in charge of dealing with this in 2002, & most experts agree he has done a great job correcting the problems. The Catholic Church has done more in the last few years to protect children than any other institution. Certainly more than public schools. Calling it a pedophile cult is ridiculous. You & Mr. Maher really need to check your facts more.
Note for future: repeating same lies & insults is never a good technique for apologizing.
#3. I agree that the Family Guy episode sounds sick & offensive

. I am as shocked as you

. Had I seen it (not likely) or heard about it, I would have sent an angry, respectable e-mail. Mighty Q mentions plenty people here complained about it. I believe him.
As demented as the episode sounds, it is not full of slanderous lies about a highly respected person or a religious faith. Maher has a long history of making even worse comments about the Catholic Church. It’s a hobby for him & people of all backgrounds are sick of it.
I hope you actually read & listen to some of our responses. We are not just nuts out to fire someone. Take care.