Bill Maher thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richard_Powers
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard_Powers

Guest
What happened to the Bill Maher thread? I cannot find it.
 
I noticed it is gone to, probably got canned for being too controversial.
 
Seriously, was Maher ever an actor? What was he in?

(Why do Leno and Letterman still have him as a guest? I always hit click when I see him)
Very little according to IMDB.com. Mostly low budget movies and guest shots on TV series – most notably 2 episodes of Murder She Wrote.

On a somewhat postitive note Maher did acknowledge he crossed the line in stating that the Pope was a Nazi as a youth.

He is still anti-Catholic however.
 
Bill Maher seems an angry bitter man with a grudge…we should pray for him
 
Bill Maher seems an angry bitter man with a grudge…we should pray for him
I assumed he was an athiest. I pray for him, Scott Adams (Dilbert author), and Christopher Hitchens, the God is not Great “author”. Please don’t tell me of any others, with all the other stuff, I have to start getting ready for bed right after dinner!
 
I assumed he was an athiest. I pray for him, Scott Adams (Dilbert author), and Christopher Hitchens, the God is not Great “author”. Please don’t tell me of any others, with all the other stuff, I have to start getting ready for bed right after dinner!
Why put “author” in quotes? There is no doubt that Hitchens is an author with books on many subjects.
 
I assumed he was an athiest. I pray for him, Scott Adams (Dilbert author), and Christopher Hitchens, the God is not Great “author”. Please don’t tell me of any others, with all the other stuff, I have to start getting ready for bed right after dinner!
I understand…its difficult but I know it helps…I sometimes prayed for Britney Spears…
 
Why put “author” in quotes? There is no doubt that Hitchens is an author with books on many subjects.
You’re correct, Richard. I shouldn’t have put “author” in quotes. Regardless of how I feel about him, he was the author of that book. Thanks for pointing that out.
 
I understand…its difficult but I know it helps…I sometimes prayed for Britney Spears…
I knew if I kept reading this I would have to add someone to my list. How about I just add “all Hollywood starlets” to my list? That would just about cover it.
 
I knew if I kept reading this I would have to add someone to my list. How about I just add “all Hollywood starlets” to my list? That would just about cover it.
“Hollywood Starlets”…kind of sexist? 😉
 
I assumed he was an athiest. I pray for him, Scott Adams (Dilbert author), and Christopher Hitchens, the God is not Great “author”. Please don’t tell me of any others, with all the other stuff, I have to start getting ready for bed right after dinner!
Hey what has Scott Adams done? Other than poke fun at corporate America?
 
Hey what has Scott Adams done? Other than poke fun at corporate America?
I think Scott Adams is an atheist, isn’t he? Have you read his blog? You might also read God’s Debris. It’s interesting and thought provoking, but hardly Christian. I agree he’s funny and read his strip daily, but knowing his religious beliefs give a different slant to his comics, particularly the recent Jesus series. He contends it was run during the holy season by accident. For the record, I don’t believe him.
 
I think Scott Adams is an atheist, isn’t he? Have you read his blog? You might also read God’s Debris. It’s interesting and thought provoking, but hardly Christian. I agree he’s funny and read his strip daily, but knowing his religious beliefs give a different slant to his comics, particularly the recent Jesus series. He contends it was run during the holy season by accident. For the record, I don’t believe him.
well where i’m from they don’t even run Dilbert in the comic section. It’s usaully in the Bussiness section or Washington post magazine
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top