Bill Moyers: There is no tomorrow

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
gilliam:
Read the column here and tell us what you think.
Burned Out Bill is decompensating. He was loopy to start with, and is getting loopier by the day.

While Muslims wreck havoc and commit murder Bill thinks it is the little old ladies in Bible studies that are the real threat. Shows how out of touch he and his ilk are. And why they lost the election and the red states. To them WE are the enemy.

Bill is right

Some of those Fundies are down right scary

“…when the last tree is cut down, Jesus will return…” :rolleyes:
20 years after the fact James Watt continues to amaze me

Talk about hubris and lack of stewardship and respect for Creation

And look what they are doing to the schools with their opposition to basic scientific facts

I fear for the nation sometimes

I fear too. At the Smithsonian a man wrote an article on intelligent design. Instead of debating it they began to persecute him.

Because there is no scientific evidence for intelligent design…it is a matter of faith
To present it as a scholarly paper in a science museum is unacceptable and it was right that they didn’t debate him because the matter is not debatable in those circles

If he wants to present it at an institute of philosophy or theology that would be another matter

PS there is a difference between being turned down and being persecuted

He is losing it. Not only a hate-filled and bigoted article, but one that is written as though he’s a failing first-year journalism student.

Ummm, Bill? A few problems:

How does believing in the Rapture have anything to do with “being backed by the religious right?” And because of this, we on the right ignore trees, or somthing?? Ya lost me.

There are many many Catholics and Jews in congress that to the right-of-center, aren’t there?? They don’t think about the Rapture all that much. I think you have your numbers wrong.

If you are going to denigrate and dismiss a book, at least have the journalistic savvy to get the title right! It’s called the Book of Revelation. You think it’s called Revelations??

Zell Miller was not refering to a physical famine, you dolt. He was actually quoting MARTIN LUTHER KING quoting the Book of Amos saying that the “great famine” would be the day that hearing the Word of God would be become scarce.

Bill, you are sad silly man. I’ll say a prayer for you.

Steve Andersen:
Bill is right

Some of those Fundies are down right scary
About that much, I agree. Some of those Fundies are quite scary. And the portion of his article where he traces the Rapture teaching and its result in spot on. Rev. Moyers has, however, come a long way from his ordination as a Southern Baptis preacher. He actually did a revival almost 46 years ago in my little hometown church before my mother left for college. My grandparents had him out to the house for dinner and my mother developed a crush on him, which she has never quite gotten over (she is now 63). :o

Steve Andersen:
Because there is no scientific evidence for intelligent design…it is a matter of faith
To present it as a scholarly paper in a science museum is unacceptable and it was right that they didn’t debate him because the matter is not debatable in those circles

If he wants to present it at an institute of philosophy or theology that would be another matter

PS there is a difference between being turned down and being persecuted
Anyone who accepts a theory as doctrine has made their own leap of faith

Science doesn’t have doctrines
It has physical measurements

you seem to be confusing theory with hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back