J
jeanne71350
Guest
Hi everyone,
First of, I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself. I’m 17 years old. I’m a devout Catholic, and I’m staying pure until marriage. I don’t have a boyfriend or anything, and I’m not looking for one. Please keep this in mind when reading my question.
I suffer from very severe periods. My flow is really heavy and irregular, and I’m in a lot of pain. Somebody once told me that taking birth control for periods is wrong because there are a lot of over-the-counter medications. It’s gotten to a point where Tylenol, Advil, and Midol don’t work anymore. I still get these horrid cramps…and sometimes I feel like I need to vomit or I get to a point where I can’t move. They interfere with my life. I get very sick.
Would it be wrong for me to go to the doctor and go on a low dose of birth control? I really don’t know how to tell my mom. She’s very Catholic too, and she’ll be upset. Would you be upset if your daughter wanted to go on the pill, because she’s in a lot of pain, and she has to leave class every hour once a month because she’s leaking through?
I’m sorry if this is TMI. I’m really confused and I need some guidance.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
-Jeanne
First of, I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself. I’m 17 years old. I’m a devout Catholic, and I’m staying pure until marriage. I don’t have a boyfriend or anything, and I’m not looking for one. Please keep this in mind when reading my question.
I suffer from very severe periods. My flow is really heavy and irregular, and I’m in a lot of pain. Somebody once told me that taking birth control for periods is wrong because there are a lot of over-the-counter medications. It’s gotten to a point where Tylenol, Advil, and Midol don’t work anymore. I still get these horrid cramps…and sometimes I feel like I need to vomit or I get to a point where I can’t move. They interfere with my life. I get very sick.
Would it be wrong for me to go to the doctor and go on a low dose of birth control? I really don’t know how to tell my mom. She’s very Catholic too, and she’ll be upset. Would you be upset if your daughter wanted to go on the pill, because she’s in a lot of pain, and she has to leave class every hour once a month because she’s leaking through?
I’m sorry if this is TMI. I’m really confused and I need some guidance.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
-Jeanne