:birthday: Jimmy Carter, America's oldest living president, celebrates 96th birthday

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Jimmy Carter, America’s oldest living president, celebrates 96th birthday​

By Bill Barrow

ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter marks his 96th birthday Thursday, the latest milestone for the longest-lived of the 44 men to hold the highest American office.

Carter planned to celebrate at his home in Plains, Georgia, with his wife of 74 years, Rosalynn Carter, according to a spokeswoman for the Carter Center in Atlanta.

The 39th president, in office from 1977-81, has largely receded from public view amid the coronavirus pandemic and his own health challenges due to a series of falls in 2019. He previously survived a dire cancer diagnosis in 2015. Yet Carter remains a quiet force in politics at home and, through his post-presidential Center, in public health and human rights advocacy around the world.
So, happy birthday to him.

Happy Birthday! It’s amazing that he has survived metastatic melanoma.

Ah yes, the man who sold out my homeland and refused to aid us against a communist insurgency, then slapped us with sanctions to make it harder for us to fight it. Happy birthday.

Ah yes, the man who sold out my homeland and refused to aid us against a communist insurgency, then slapped us with sanctions to make it harder for us to fight it.
I think this was supposed to be a light-hearted thread about Jimmy Carter’s birthday, not an opportunity for you to vent your personal grievances about the decolonisation of Africa.

I certainly didn’t want to go down the political road on this. And I won’t. It is what it is. Everyone has a right to speak their mind.

A vicious rabbit swam towards his boat with mayhem in its eyes and he had to beat it off with a paddle.
I’ve always wondered if the rabbit had rabies, or was it just getting tired from swimming and looking for a place to rest.

What’s really hilarious is the White House staff claiming rabbits can’t swim. Anyone who has owned a rabbit knows they can swim, and some of them even enjoy it. Mine used to paddle around in the bathtub from time to time.

Last edited:
‘And some of them even do backstroke’ is how I thought you were going to finish that sentence.

For decades, the only real treatment for melanoma was Interferon. Since around 2011, the advancement in treating metastatic disease has been nothing short of incredible - especially when it has spread to the brain.

I’ve always admired him since when he was the first Southern governor to say that the time for racial discrimination was over, to the Camp David accords to Habitat for Humanity. I think he is a good man and a great American.

A very happy birthday! He was a remarkable man that lived his faith his way. He often represented the best of Christianity! 🍰🧁🇺🇸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back