Black Jesus TV series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kount_C
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Jesus. It seems the mockery has no limits.

Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.
Blessed be the name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the paraclete.
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.
Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be Saint Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His angels and in His Saints.
 
I watch adult swim sometimes at night, and when I saw this commercial, I was utterly shocked. I realized how much this world has forgotten God. I’m honestly surprised more people haven’t spoken out against this blasphemy.
 
Umm, maybe actually watch the show before you judge it. It’s clearly a satire and perhaps Jesus himself finds it funny. 👍
 
Umm, maybe actually watch the show before you judge it. It’s clearly a satire and perhaps Jesus himself finds it funny. 👍
No need to watch it. I can recognize blasphemy when I see it. Satire or not, its a despicable show that profits from making a mockery of the Son of God. What else need be said? Somethings are sacred and should be exempt from “satire”. This is one of them. Funny how blasphemy against Christ is so conveniently disguised as satire these days, but satire of any other religion or progressive agenda is bigotry. God help us.
 
To succeed in Hollywood all anyone has to do is create something that falls in line with the agenda to corrode Christianity and decency in general. That’s it, that’s all it takes. Your creation will be presented as clever and amusing and cutting edge and you’ll be deified for it. The reality of Hollywood is both disgusting and crystal clear. Society is under perpetual onslaught from this psywar garbage, and there’s not much that can be done about it.
 
To succeed in Hollywood all anyone has to do is create something that falls in line with the agenda to corrode Christianity and decency in general. That’s it, that’s all it takes. Your creation will be presented as clever and amusing and cutting edge and you’ll be deified for it. The reality of Hollywood is both disgusting and crystal clear. Society is under perpetual onslaught from this psywar garbage, and there’s not much that can be done about it.
Sad but true…

Pray and fast… pray and fast… pray and fast…
 
Umm, maybe actually watch the show before you judge it. It’s clearly a satire and perhaps Jesus himself finds it funny. 👍
I always wondered that. How come God is never portrayed as having a sense of humor? He’s said to be all powerful, all knowing, etc, but he can’t laugh at himself or take a joke? Why isn’t He “omni-funny” too? You’d think if He created the entire universe, he would be able to laugh at its absurdities.

Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a religion that promoted humor as it’s core emotional state.
 
I always wondered that. How come God is never portrayed as having a sense of humor? He’s said to be all powerful, all knowing, etc, but he can’t laugh at himself or take a joke? Why isn’t He “omni-funny” too? You’d think if He created the entire universe, he would be able to laugh at its absurdities.

Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a religion that promoted humor as it’s core emotional state.
The duckbilled platapus and the mule are either mistakes or jokes and God does not make misstakes ! ! ! 😃 😃
About thirty years ago there was a book called The Humor of Christ by Trueblood (can’t think of his first name). I don’t know if it is still in print, but it goes over some of Jesus’s parables and actions in the New Testament that shoulds that God does have a sense of humor. 🙂 🙂

PS I have not seen the tv series or even any ads about it. :tiphat:
 
I watched about 3 minutes of “Black Jesus” last night and that was all I could take. A Jesus who uses the F word in every sentence and smokes as much weed as he could get his hands on, isjust too blasphemous for me!
 
I watch adult swim sometimes at night, and when I saw this commercial, I was utterly shocked. I realized how much this world has forgotten God. I’m honestly surprised more people haven’t spoken out against this blasphemy.
The euphemism for juvenile “raunch” is “adult”.
I know plenty of black Christians, and not one of them care that Jesus’ historical representation is that of a Semitic man, including that on the Holy Shroud! Maybe some pseudo-“artiste” will depict Him like Oz’ Horse of a Different Color. Every time the scene changes, Jesus’ skin becomes a different hue. Sadly, some people, esp. liberals, have race on the brain all the time! :eek:
 
I watched about 3 minutes of “Black Jesus” last night and that was all I could take. A Jesus who uses the F word in every sentence and smokes as much weed as he could get his hands on, isjust too blasphemous for me!
Some people are comfortable around only those who are every bit the low-lives that they are. Thus, Jesus is turned into a slimy wretch who can’t handle life. THAT Jesus would never judge them, you know. :rolleyes: Rob
 
The euphemism for juvenile “raunch” is “adult”.
I know plenty of black Christians, and not one of them care that Jesus’ historical representation is that of a Semitic man, including that on the Holy Shroud! Maybe some pseudo-“artiste” will depict Him like Oz’ Horse of a Different Color. Every time the scene changes, Jesus’ skin becomes a different hue. Sadly, some people, esp. liberals, have race on the brain all the time! :eek:
I know, seriously. Dang liberals. It’s not as if Jesus has ever been portrayed in Anglo-Saxon form. That totally never happened.
 
I watched about 3 minutes of “Black Jesus” last night and that was all I could take. A Jesus who uses the F word in every sentence and smokes as much weed as he could get his hands on, isjust too blasphemous for me!
I lasted about a minute longer than you did, I watched for about 4 minutes. It was the part where this “black jesus” was smoking the joint and refused to share it that i had enough.

Honestly, Aaron McGruder is known to push hot-buttons. Which is why he’s untrustworthy and not liked by many.
 
I know, seriously. Dang liberals. It’s not as if Jesus has ever been portrayed in Anglo-Saxon form. That totally never happened.
Uh, i think that’s what Rob was saying. :confused:

He said Jesus has been painted in every hue -even though he was a sematic. BTW, anglo-saxons can be dang liberals too. 😉
 
There’s no outcry because the actors are black. Any fuss that is made by someone will be construed as racist.

Race trumps Christ in this instance.
 
To succeed in Hollywood all anyone has to do is create something that falls in line with the agenda to corrode Christianity and decency in general. That’s it, that’s all it takes. Your creation will be presented as clever and amusing and cutting edge and you’ll be deified for it. The reality of Hollywood is both disgusting and crystal clear. Society is under perpetual onslaught from this psywar garbage, and there’s not much that can be done about it.
Really because not to long ago, there was a thread about how Hollywood sees money in tent poles, animation, and sex coms. While that third one seems cause for concern, its certainly not at the top of box office priorities.

And as far as TV goes, hits like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones don’t seem to center so much on blasphemy like this TV show here. To say that Black Jesus is somehow the benchmark standard of television sounds logically suspect. 🤷
 
I think Jesus is Black. But I probably won’t watch the show.
 
The duckbilled platapus and the mule are either mistakes or jokes and God does not make misstakes ! ! ! 😃 😃
About thirty years ago there was a book called The Humor of Christ by Trueblood (can’t think of his first name). I don’t know if it is still in print, but it goes over some of Jesus’s parables and actions in the New Testament that shoulds that God does have a sense of humor. 🙂 🙂

PS I have not seen the tv series or even any ads about it. :tiphat:
Elton Trueblood’s great book is still available…and leave the poor platypus alone!
all mammals should lay eggs, have webbed feet and a…bill…I think…oooh my head hurts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top