Blanking on a passage

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeffersonD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeffersonD

Guest
I’m blanking on a passage from Deuteronomy. It’s where God tells Moses about the people of Canaan being wicked, etc. I’ve been looking through and just can’t seem to find it. Maybe God is speaking to Joshua but for some reason I just can’t find it. Thanks for the help

Jeff
 
Can you elaborate more on this passage. I will be looking for it.

God bless.
 
I believe God is condemning the people who are living in the land of Canaan. It’s basically God’s judgement of the people in Canaan and He is using the Israelites to be His tools of judgement. I may be wrong in this but I was almost positive I read it before, I just can’t find it. Thank you
 
I believe God is condemning the people who are living in the land of Canaan. It’s basically God’s judgement of the people in Canaan and He is using the Israelites to be His tools of judgement. I may be wrong in this but I was almost positive I read it before, I just can’t find it. Thank you
K I think I know where you are talking about, when I find it I will post it.

God bless.
 
Are you talking about chapter 20?But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: but thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee: that they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the Lord your God.
 
Thank you all for the help, my friend found it for me. It’s Deuteronomy 9:4-5,“Do not say in your heart, after the LORD your God has thrust them out before you, ‘It is because of my righteousness that the LORD has brought me in to possess this land’; whereas it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is driving them out before you. Not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart are you going in to possess their land; but because of the wickedness of these nations the LORD your God is driving them out from before you, and that he may confirm the word which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.”

Thanks again

Jeff
 
Thank you all for the help, my friend found it for me. It’s Deuteronomy 9:4-5,“Do not say in your heart, after the LORD your God has thrust them out before you, ‘It is because of my righteousness that the LORD has brought me in to possess this land’; whereas it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is driving them out before you. Not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart are you going in to possess their land; but because of the wickedness of these nations the LORD your God is driving them out from before you, and that he may confirm the word which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.”

Thanks again

Jeff
Jeff,

Ahh good for you.

God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top