Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity as a patron saint

  • Thread starter Thread starter CJsmommy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CJsmommy

Guest
In my RCIA we were going over the Holy Trinity and the person of the chapter was Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity. She fought with having an attitude, as I do, and her feast day is very close to my birthday. She’s even a patron of loss of parents, and I’ve lost my mom. But she’s not a saint (yet). Can I still have her as my patron saint?
 
In my RCIA we were going over the Holy Trinity and the person of the chapter was Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity. She fought with having an attitude, as I do, and her feast day is very close to my birthday. She’s even a patron of loss of parents, and I’ve lost my mom. But she’s not a saint (yet). Can I still have her as my patron saint?
I think you have answered your own question when you said she is not a saint.
 
Of course you can. Countless people choose **Blessed **Theresa of Calcutta as their patron.
Notice I said “Patron”. Not Patron Saint.
 
What is the difference between a Patron and a Patron Saint, other than the former hasn’t been canonized yet?
 
What is the difference between a Patron and a Patron Saint, other than the former hasn’t been canonized yet?
Exactly.
One cannot be termed a Saint when they are a Blessed. It’s a title.
You can choose her as your patron.

Every year at least 2 of our Confirmandi select Theresa of Calcutta. The Archbishop has never blinked an eye about it. Many of the girls select Our Lady of Guadalupe. Choose someone you would like to model your life after.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top