C
Claire98909
Guest
Hi everybody.
I have to admit that I am an atheist (I hope you guys don’t mind me posting here, but this question has been nagging at me and I couldn’t think of any other forum that might possibly know the answer) but have been fascinated by the Incorrupt Saints for several years now, particularly Jacinta Marto of Fatima. I’m sure you all know this, but she died of complications from Spanish Flu in 1920 at the age of ten, and was exhumed in 1935 and found to be incorrupt. There are even several pictures of her during her exhumation, and she looks like she’s simply sleeping.
I’m just wondering if anybody on here knows if her body is still in the same condition.
Also, why was she never made a saint? Is the Catholic church at all interested in “following up”, so to speak, with her and possibly elevating her to sainthood, or has she pretty much been forgotten about?
Thanks in advance.
I have to admit that I am an atheist (I hope you guys don’t mind me posting here, but this question has been nagging at me and I couldn’t think of any other forum that might possibly know the answer) but have been fascinated by the Incorrupt Saints for several years now, particularly Jacinta Marto of Fatima. I’m sure you all know this, but she died of complications from Spanish Flu in 1920 at the age of ten, and was exhumed in 1935 and found to be incorrupt. There are even several pictures of her during her exhumation, and she looks like she’s simply sleeping.
I’m just wondering if anybody on here knows if her body is still in the same condition.
Also, why was she never made a saint? Is the Catholic church at all interested in “following up”, so to speak, with her and possibly elevating her to sainthood, or has she pretty much been forgotten about?
Thanks in advance.