A
awke
Guest
What happens when a rosary is blessed by the Pope? How is it different than it was prior to the blessing?
Maybe you typed a mistake there or I’m not understanding what you said. ?? St. John Paul II is indeed a Saint… Pope Francis canonized him in 2014 on the same day that St. John the 23 was canonized into Sainthood.But since JPII, for example, is not a saint, the blessed object is a sacramental at the same time which does have a unique character and capacity, albeit a rather mysterious one. (i.e. bones of Elisha and Paul’s handkerchief)
Sorry, yes, I typed a mistake…neurons are firing backwards today.Please be patient, I am experiencing technical difficulties.
![]()
Can you be more specific? Are you saying that a rosary blessed by a saint has some sort of extra power? Do prayers become more effective?At face value, the priest is a priest among priests. Therefore, I don’t see any conclusive evidence to indicate the blessings is more powerful. But since JPII, for example, is not a saint, the blessed object is a sacramental at the same time which does have a unique character and capacity, albeit a rather mysterious one. (i.e. bones of Elisha and Paul’s handkerchief)