Blessed Virgin Mary makes Time Mag Cover

• Thread starter Thread starter mommy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mommy

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/0,9263,1101050321,00.html

The story is about how some Protestants are embracing Mary - although not to be confused with Catholics. The story made some good points, but still had to make sure that we all understood these people weren’t crossing the line (like Catholics) (at least that’s how I read it)

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

It’s not online yet, unless you’re a subscriber, but I’d be interested in what others thought of the article.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

· After the resurrected Christ has ascended to heaven, the Bible’s Acts of the Apostles describes his disciples’ gathering in an “upper room” in Jerusalem. The group is traditionally understood as the nucleus of the new church, upon which the Holy Spirit next bestows the gifts of the Pentecost. In her final appearance in the Gospels, Mary is the only woman in the room to be mentioned by name. Her advocates see this as a sign of her key discipleship.”

And on the front page of the Denver Post a few weeks back was an article that some protestant churches are discovering that marriages are a covenant, and should be considered permanent. People should open more Catholic books more often. 🙂

40.png
Rascal:
And on the front page of the Denver Post a few weeks back was an article that some protestant churches are discovering that marriages are a covenant, and should be considered permanent. People should open more Catholic books more often. 🙂
Many Protestant churches consider marriage as much a covenant as Catholics do, though it is true that some do not.

Unfortunately, covenant or not, divorce statistics are almost equally bad for Catholics and Protestants.

Let’s don’t start jumping the gun about possible reunification efforts. However, Jesus did say that he wished all his followers would be ‘One’.

But, it is a start.
I am hopeful too for a closer reunification betweent he Orthodox and the whole Catholic Church.

lord, have mercy on Us All!
Edwin

I remember growing up in the early 1980s and hearing my Protestant mother arguing with my late father (d. 2002) about even having a picture of the Virgin Mary in the house.

A trivial pursuit question…

Who has appeared on the cover of Time Magazine more times than any one else ever???

The Blessed Virgin Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back