J
Jerok
Guest
I understand that going up for a blessing instead of receiving the Eucharist is bad (I’m not Catholic yet). However, today during Mass the church was filled (a Cardinal came to campus and celebrated Mass with us!) and I could not simply remain in my seat or sit on the edge like I usually do. I had to get up and walk out of the isle - and I couldn’t go sit back down because then they’d have to walk over me and there’s barely enough room for that here, also I’m a big guy.
So I went up, crossed my arms, and got a blessing. I thought about walking past the priest but that would be really rude, so he blessed me and I sat down. What should I do in this situation, when I’m basically forced to go into the communion line? Is this a sin, to disobey the rules of the Mass instead of making people walk over me? Thanks
So I went up, crossed my arms, and got a blessing. I thought about walking past the priest but that would be really rude, so he blessed me and I sat down. What should I do in this situation, when I’m basically forced to go into the communion line? Is this a sin, to disobey the rules of the Mass instead of making people walk over me? Thanks