Blessing during communion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jerok
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mass is a solemn occasion and not entertainment. [snip] It seems to me that some of the posters here would like Mass to become like a Protestant service.
Hear, hear!

As a newbie Christian (4 years now) I cannot express the disappointment I felt when I realized I was being “performed at” during Protestant worship services. Coming from a Jewish background, the lack of reverence and entertainment orientation of the worship really started to bug me.

Imagine how bummed I was, when I first decided to check out a mass, and the atmosphere was, well, more entertainment than reverent.

I’m not quite sold on the parish where I’d doing RCIA for this very reason, and am looking around at others. However I am thus far finding that it is hard to find a parish where mass is done in a more reverent way which is also a vibrant parish, with people my age, etc.
 
I believe ED’s point and mine is the over stressing and following of rules over what I or he might condider a good pastoral practice, not particularly sacraficial worship.

Peace,
FAB
But, a good pastoral approach is to adhere to the norms of the Church rather than allow things that will continue to cause confusion among the faithful. This has a lot to with sacrificial worship. Recall that in Ancient Israel, the Lord was very adamant about how the liturgical practices were to be followed. Aaron’s sons and Dathan learned the hard way that deviation from the norm carried with it a severe price.

As I have stated, pastoral practices have often led to the perpetuating of liturgical abuse. This violates charity because it fosters something that is false and only serves to confuse the faithful. Charity is not about saying “yes” all of the time. Sometimes, charity means just saying no.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top