R
roadsend
Guest
At Mass yesterday our padre introduced the folks who were to be baptized at Easter.
Among other things he introduced what he described as the traditional practice of The Blessing of the Senses. He read a series of blessings while each sponsor made the Sign of the Cross with their thumb on ear, eye, mouth, foot etc.
I have never seen this “traditional” blessing in my almost seven decades of being Catholic, nor can I find information about it on the net.
Does anybody know where I can read about this practice?
Among other things he introduced what he described as the traditional practice of The Blessing of the Senses. He read a series of blessings while each sponsor made the Sign of the Cross with their thumb on ear, eye, mouth, foot etc.
I have never seen this “traditional” blessing in my almost seven decades of being Catholic, nor can I find information about it on the net.
Does anybody know where I can read about this practice?